Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_595680368

Ralph Lauren's New Book

Gizmo
6 months ago
last modified: 6 months ago

I'm glad I bought it being a RL fan, but...

Some of the pics are so dull and lifeless

I wish there more pics of rooms lighted and glowing

Also, love to see pics I've never seen like what do his kitchens look like?

Comments (8)

• Fun2BHere
    6 months ago

I would probably enjoy looking at the lifestyle pictures on his commercial web site just as much as I would enjoy this book and that’s free! Thank you for the link, though. There’s seem to be other videos by this creator that I would enjoy.

• kculbers
    6 months ago

I love all things Ralph Lauren! Some of my favorite pieces of clothing are R. Lauren. I grew up in a Tudor style home, filled with lots of eclectic English decor. My Mom was a classic beauty; she did some modeling, and easily could have been a R. Lauren model. He is an American icon! I am a retired US Air Force Captain, and was stationed for a few years in England. I love British decor, as it reminds me of home. R. Lauren style will be around forever.

• nicole___
    6 months ago

I own RL bath towels, T-shirts with the little polo horse, a wool turtleneck...his stuff is everywhere. We've even visited his property here in Colorado to see the Fall colors. I'll have to see if the library has his book.

• Kswl
    6 months ago

I have a little bit of a problem with the cover photo, lol. Jodhpurs with a leather bomber jacket? Hmmmm…..no, because you’re obviously not riding but you wear them because you want people to know you do ride. Which someone like RL should not need to do—-there are plenty of pictures of him out on a horse wearing jodhpurs, and besides, they are just too clean in the cover photo 🙄

• Lars
    6 months ago

I've never liked RL, except for some of his sheets, and I especially have never liked his clothes. I do not want to wear anyone's logos - it comes across as pretentious to me. I've never owned a Polo shirt. I used to make a lot of my own clothes instead.

We had a production manager at the furniture company where I worked who had just left his position at RL to work with us, and he and I really clashed. I was in charge of R&D and new designs, and he fancied himself a designer, but I was able to point out to our boss that his designs were exact copies from Jean-Michel Frank. My boss said, "At least he stole from the best." He also wanted to be my boss, but I refused. I told him that my only boss was the owner, and I wanted to keep it that way. He wanted to come between us and prevent me from telling her what was really going on. He also wanted to tell me what to do, and I was not going to have that.

I wish my boss had finished the book she was working on about herself.

• Anna Devane
    6 months ago

I too am a RL fan. I used to live just over the Bedford NY border so i saw him a few times. My big thrill was the time we were next to one another getting gas. I pray I wasn’t staring at him but he said hello and said something about how high the price of gas was. I’m sure I mumbled something back and smiled my best smile. this was around maybe 2013 or 14. He’s probably even more unhappy with gas prices now!

I have a lot of vintage RL that is still in great shape. I think things made before the 2000’s were still quality.

• ShadyWillowFarm
    6 months ago

No one over the age of seven rides in jodhpurs.