Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

A daylilies 2024

sherrygirl zone5 N il
4 months ago
last modified: 4 months ago

The daylily alphabet posts start today. It is weird to write 2024, that will change. There will be a new post Monday, Wednesday and Friday. There will also be a few posts at the end for seedlings. I hope we see some new A daylilies today, no new A daylilies for me.

Saying for today: A smile is a facelift in everybody’s price range.

Autumn Minaret is always the bloom queen with anywhere from 400 to 600 blooms.

Autumn Red is a staple here, difficult for me to get deadheading done. This cultivar is quite a bit older than me…..1941.

Anzac blooms in 90% shade here. It had an off season last spring.

Let’s see your A daylilies!

Sherry

Comments (11)

• organic_kitten
    4 months ago

Let's see what As I have.

Axi Rose with canoeing.

Adventures in Oz

Alabama Jubilee

Along Came Amanda

Ancient of Days

kay

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked organic_kitten
  • shive
    4 months ago

Happy New Year! Sherry, thanks so much for doing the alphabet again! That Autumn Minaret clump is magnificent! Kay, I really like Ancient of Days.

Aunt Patsy is my newest A. It's bloomed for two seasons.

Angels Sing Softly has bloomed here three seasons. It's clumped up nicely and was a good performer last year.

Age of Aquarius

All of My Love to You

Arctic Lace

Absolute Ripper

All American Chief

Autumn Wood

August Frost

Applique

Debra

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked shive
  • sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    4 months ago

David, I’m glad Ashwood Rings of Saturn had a good season, it is lovely, hope it leaves the short list.

Debra, I hope Aunt Patsy keeps up its good performance, such great color. Love the clump of August Frost.

Kay , i’m glad you took some time off from the garden work to post a few daylilies! Ancient of Days caught my eye today.

Sherry

• organic_kitten
    4 months ago

David, I really like Arrogant Bastard and Absolute Treasure.

Kay

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    4 months ago

Sherry, that is a lovely clump of Autumn Minaret and a wonderful photo too.

David, we just divided our Ashwood Rings of Saturn. I hope it survives.

Here are our A's.

A Sip of Red has been here for a couple of years, but it has been very slow to get established. At least it gave us some pretty flowers this past summer.

A Small Wonder is a small-flowered diploid. It has made a huge clump.

Here is our Absolute Ripper.

Arrowhead Falls was new to the garden this year. It is supposed to have an arrow pattern, but we didn't see that this past season.

Artillery Fire has a huge bloom. It is a tet and seems a little stiff compare to large diploids. It really doesn't make much of a garden impact and sometimes the flowers hang up.

That's all of my A's that we photographed this past season.

Nancy

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
  • daylilybedmaker
    4 months ago

Nancy,

Ashwood Rings of Saturn survives, I just think dividing it sets it back.

David

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked daylilybedmaker
  • mantis__oh
    4 months ago

Aerial Applique did not have a stellar year, but it has reliably provided early blooms.

Ashwood Rings of Saturn has better height and plant habit than Birthday Wishes. An earlier bloomer, it does not like cool nights, which we haven't had in June the last two years. Again, not its best year. I also had to whack into it because the neighbors wanted the fence painted. See the fresh paint job? I volunteered to do it because I didn't want them smashing the plants. They were delighted (so was I to keep them on the other side). Good fences make good neighbors. I got some garden vegetables as a "thank you."

Ada Mae Musick had a good year. It is reliable and quite pretty.

All of My Love to You. Reliable. Shorter than usual. (Bloom on right is actually Year of Jubilee.)

Ashwood Summer Sunshine had a nice grouping, but was substandard this past summer.

Alpha and Omega can produce some nice blooms, but is rather short.

Allegheny Sunset does not like hot sun, but takes a nice earlier picture.

A Lot Like Love is making a nice clump.

Atacama Oasis. Not sure yet what I think of it. A later bloomer.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked mantis__oh
  • Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    4 months ago

Kay: That's a beautiful color on Ancient Days...... And David, ditto on the color of Arrogant B. I really don't like that name either.....Debra: All American Chief is such a cheerful color. It stands out....Nan: Arrowhead Falls looks promising, especially if it develops a pattern.....Mantis: I like All My Love to You and the Korth next to it is another nice dark one..........And Sherry: I always like your Autumn Minaret as you know. Your placement of it in the garden is just right and shows it off to good effect........I have only a couple to add, but will do that later........... Maryl

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
  • mantis__oh
    4 months ago

I also grow Ain't She Nice and agree that it is a soft shade of pink, almost ethereal, that isn't identical to any other pink. It is a quite reliable Stamile, but again, not its best this past summer.

Arrogant Bastard had its best year yet. It still is nowhere near the height that it is at Crintonic. A kid, Rogue Primate, establishes much more quickly.

• mantis__oh
    4 months ago

Atomic Inferno--another nice Gossard red.

sherrygirl zone5 N il thanked mantis__oh