Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

More Great Customer Service - EB

Funkyart
last month

I just discovered that when I placed an order from Eddie Bauer that my account still had my OLD address. Ugh. One package is in transit .. the other was delivered. I tried to change the delivery address with UPS but I could not. I contacted EB and they said they couldn't change the delivery address either-- even for the one that was still in transit. OK, bummer -- but to my surprise, the CSA told me he'd refund the entire purchase amount and that I could reorder with the correct shipping address (it did come with a minor finger slap to ensure my billing and shipping addresses were updated).

Really, this was totally my mistake -- so I am more than thrilled that Eddie Bauer refunded my full purchase!

Have you had great service recently? Please share ... these stories remind me that some retailers still VALUE me as a customer! I don't purchase a lot from EB (obviously-- else my address would have been up to date! LOL) but I will surely consider them for future purchases!

Comments (14)

• Sueb20
    last month

I ordered foundation and a concealer pencil from Jones Road. The foundation works, the concealer was too light (my mistake, not theirs). I went online to do the return process, and they refunded me but told me not to bother sending it back. Love when that happens.

Funkyart thanked Sueb20
  • maddielee
    last month

Surprisingly, I had a good exprience with our cable TV provider yesterday.

Every March I know, and grudgingly accept, that I have to call and threaten to cancel service before they extend their current bundle deal pricing to us. Last year I was on the phone with them for 73 minutes (I kept notes). Yesterday, I was able to save $27/monthly in only 11 minutes!

Frontier FIOS, which is trying to get out of the TV business, finally made it less irritating.

Funkyart thanked maddielee
  • Judi
    last month

I went online to do the return process, and they refunded me but told me not to bother sending it back.

I should have done that with the eye shadow I ordered from them.

Funkyart thanked Judi
  • Fun2BHere
    last month

I recently ordered a table from Chairish. It was damaged in transit. I submitted images of the damages and the packaging. I was expecting them to start a repair ticket and send me through that whole process, but no, they refunded the whole purchase price and didn’t require any additional action from me. Wow!

Funkyart thanked Fun2BHere
  • deegw
    last month

Dyson is driving me crazy so it's good to hear positive stories.

• Springroz
    last month

Consumer Cellular for the WIN!!!...for about a week, DH has had calls not connect intermittently. He would do a restart, and make the call. Mine did it for about 3 days, but not today, so I called CC Tech. The woman (based in Phoenix) was just SO nice, and got DH (hopefully) fixed up, then gave him a $10 bill credit.

We have a LOT of experience with cellular Tech support, and always had to spend 20 or more minutes going through all the BS that they are reading on the screen. Not with CC...she verified the account and got RIGHT into problem solving!!!

Funkyart thanked Springroz
  • Allison0704
    last month

Chewy is wonderful. I've had issues with dog food one would not eat, and an outdoor cat tent for our feral colony that I accidently ordered w/o the heater. They issued credits for both and asked me to donate to local shelters or rescue groups.

Funkyart thanked Allison0704
  • Olychick
    last month
    last modified: last month

My grandson (14) is quite fussy about his hair and always has a great style. He recently found a young man on youtube (with great hair) selling a product my grandson wanted to try. Since he knows I exist to ensure his happiness, lol, I told him I'd send for some. I was issued a tracking number right away, but the product never seemed to leave the station. I finally wrote an email, then another, and finally one saying I was going to cancel and if they didn't refund my $ I would report to my CC company. I never got any response. My grandson was quite disappointed. When I looked at their website again, I noticed a newly posted customer service phone #, which I called. A very nice woman answered and when I explained the problem, she was so apologetic and said they'd been a little overwhelmed with orders so she was working very hard to get caught up. She said this was the 2nd time she had personally taken an order to the USPS, gotten a tracking # but the products never left the PO. She wasn't sure if someone was stealing them, or what.

I told her it was for my grandson, who had seen a video on youtube. She said that is her son and he'd be thrilled to hear my grandson is a fan. She said she would have her son write a note to my grandson and that since her son wears a puka shell necklace in the videos, she would have him send a necklace, too. Remember those? I guess they are back in style, at least for boys. And she would reship the order priority mail the next day, which she did. My grandson was thrilled with the note (he's a big fan of some of these youtubers) and the necklace, which he has been wearing. Not sure if he loves the product as much as he hoped. Now he wants a perm so it will have more wave, lol.

Funkyart thanked Olychick
  • bpath
    last month

I needed to replace some parts of a handbell set I had borrowed from the chuch. that they weren’t using. I asked a bell friend if I was ordering the right pieces and was it a replacement I could do myself, and she gave me the name of her contact at the foundry. So I emailed her to double-check I was ordering the right parts, and she asked who had bought them, they might be under warranty. And they were! They are 35 years old and haven’t been played in 10 or 15 years, and they sent the parts for just the $5 shipping and a photo of the bad parts.

I was just hoping to get a coupon code or something, not get $175 worth of parts for $5! It’s nice to have them sounding good again.

Funkyart thanked bpath
  • salonva
    last month

I posted recently about Lakeshore LEarning. I had gotten a bunch of great toys for my grandkids. My daughter mentioned that the kids loved them but tthat 3 pieces ( maybe out of 50) for the fort building kit had broken. They only had it for a few months so I emailed Lakeshore to see what they would say. After sending them a photo fot he pieces, they offered a refund or to replace the 3 pieces. We happily asked for the 3 pieces. Very impressed

Funkyart thanked salonva
  • palimpsest
    last month

Realistically, I think processing returns cost more than eating the loss of the product, and any opened makeup is contaminated and useless to them anyway.

The only point to having to return certain items is proof that you aren't using them while getting them for free. And you can't repeat that too often because you can be prosecuted for fraud.

Funkyart thanked palimpsest
  • maddie260
    last month

I have to give EB a shoutout. I bought three pieces of luggage from them. As i was about to take them to goodwill, I thought EB takes everything back? I had no receipt, no idea when I had purchased this luggage, and I had used one piece of the luggage. It took about 30", but they took it all back, and gave me a VERY VERY generous gift card for the luggage.

• hhireno
    last month

Olychick (I can’t tag you, the only avatar that pulls up does not match yours)

Whenever I think of your statement Since he knows I exist to ensure his happiness I laugh. I am going to adopt it and hope to use it IRL in the future. Well done and thank you.