Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carlyrosek

Help with treatment for huge east facing living room window.

Caroline K
last month

(I moved around the furniture etc so you can see full extent of the window)

(this angle shows a bit of the south facing patio window)

I live in an apartment on the second floor, with a beautiful window that takes up almost the entire wall.

Cons- it’s an east facing window, therefore my apartment turns into an inferno during the summer months.

Adjacent to my window wall, is a sliding glass door/window that faces south, and brings in a ton of heat mid afternoon.

Overall, it gets so hot I have to keep my blinds closed completely for several months- making the space feel v claustrophobic.

I rent my place ,so I never felt like investing a ton of money into custom blinds &/or drapery until now...

Details: the window is almost as wide as my living room wall, and is separated by wooden beams, making up 5 window segments.

Do you guys suggest I do roller shades & drapes? Or just roller shades? And if I do roller shades should I get 5 separate ones to go inside each segment of the window, or split the window into two big out facing roller shades + an extra panel for the 5 window???

Keep in mind I also, will need to keep it cohesive with the sliding glass door. Ahh so many options, please help!

Comments (4)