Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carabubble

Sunday Dinner

carabubble
last month

What are you having for Sunday dinner?

I'm looking for suggestions on what to make for Sunday's dinner. I'm sorry to say I'm not in the right frame of mind for the holidays. Totally not doing a spiral ham. Will probably do a lemon meringue pie as we always have one at Easter and I was able to find MyTFine Lemon Pudding mix after looking for it at a number of stores. I might have a neighbor who has no plans join my husband and I. Don't know if Son#2 and his family will be around or not. Son#1 has plans with his wife's family.

Comments (31)

• vgkg Z-7 Va
    last month

Roasted Rabbit & Hard Boiled Eggs...

....actually don't know yet.

• Judi
    last month
    last modified: last month

I was thinking shrimp etouffee and asparagus. Dh offered to grill. He'd like steak, so I may get a couple lamb rib chops to grill with his steak -- pineapple too. Would still have asparagus and some other veggie.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    last month

Nothing special. Probably turkey pot pie since I have an entire pie in the fridge. Not getting together with family. My brother had surgery on his knee, and is recovering. His girlfriend that lives with him had surgery on her neck (pins and a bone replaced) and she's recovering. The girlfriend's daughter had a staph infection and was hospitalized for days last week, and is recovering. Kiddo will be home in six more weeks, we'll "do it up big" then. I am going to church on Sunday, but not to Good Friday services tonight.

• floraluk2
    last month
    last modified: last month

Roast leg of lamb. Simnel cake.

• webuser 121735116
    last month

Just us two for dinner. We're having ham and cheese omelets with hash browns and toast. Later in the day we'll have some chocolate cream pie.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    last month

Family has scattered hither and yon for spring break so just my sister and myself. Butterflied leg of lamb, couscous salad and roasted carrots. And deviled eggs, of course!! Have no idea of dessert....may just skip that entirely.

• foodonastump
    last month

Gruyère and cheddar soufflé. (Cheeses risen)

• Eileen
    last month

No ham here. Chicken, mushroom and leek pot pie and cheesecake topped with lemon curd.

• amylou321
    last month

Have no idea what WE will be having. I am making a few dishes for my sisters dinner. She tends to host several families along with her own. She is having Ham,Turkey, devilled eggs, rolls. And I am making chicken dressing, mac and cheese, au gratin potatoes and olive bread to contribute to her meal. I might just swipe some of what I make for her for our own meal before I deliver it to her, and swipe some meat from her house before i return from my deliveries.

• chloebud
    last month

Son-in-law’s grilling butterflied lamb. Everyone’s bringing something. My contribution will be tzatziki and lemon and raspberry tarts. Supposed to be raining here. Too bad since today is drop dead gorgeous.

• colleenoz
    last month

I'm doing a slow roasted leg of lamb with shish tawook. Haven't decided on sides yet.

• orchidrain
    last month

We're having roasted turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, side salad. For dessert, I'm making brownies and flan. The best part is being with family.

• arcy_gw
    last month

Ham, cheesy potatoes, deviled eggs, 7layer salad, goat cheese stuffed mini peppers as always. But really it doesn't matter. Full house THAT's what matters.

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    29 days ago

Son and DIL coming over. We're having smoked baby back ribs, corn on the cob, potato salad, coleslaw.

• foodonastump
    29 days ago

@floraluk2 - I had to look up simnel cake. Looks like something I’d cut a very thin slice of. And then another sliver because after all the first one was so thin. And then give in and cut a proper slice. Repeat until feeling utterly gross and head off to lie down on the sofa. With an amaretto coffee or similar, to complete the deal.

Did you make that one? This year?

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    29 days ago

Roast turkey, potato salad, baked beans, and maybe deviled eggs.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    29 days ago

We're keeping it simple, and not joining my family who are gathering 3 hours north of here. Yearling oysters, asparagus. I may make gardengal's orange cake that she's posted the recipe for - have been wanting to try that and I have some nice oranges.

DH is having a minimally invasive outpatient procedure early Monday morning so I'm keeping our meal lighter. One bout of seasonal flu with fever in the 50 years we've been married but not one other illness. He's injured knees more than once, but never sick! A gall bladder flare up was more than he wanted to deal with and he's looking forward to losing his. He has even been complying with the low to no fat eating these last several days without complaint. His sister is having a group for Easter dinner at the beach and we may run out to visit but we'll eat here at home - and the weather looks like we could get some outside things done. I have a list of heavier things he could help with that I'd prefer not to do myself while he waits out a 10# weight restriction (it's brief)😊

• Fun2BHere
    29 days ago
    last modified: 29 days ago

Kitchen floor demolition starting on Monday, so Sunday will be a clear-out of whatever is left in the refrigerator that won’t keep. I would guess that calls for soup or kitchen-sink omelet. Because of rain in the forecast and resulting traffic, I will not be joining friends who live two hours away.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    29 days ago

Uncured Black Forest Ham with brown sugar & cloves (crockpot) which is so yum!

Mashed Rutabaga with butter, cinnamon and nutmeg

Baked Beans

Green beans blanched ahead of time, then sautéd with garlic, oil and thyme

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Salad with Dressing

Artisan bread which is cooling now

Apps: Salsa and chips, salami, jarlsberg and cheddar with crackers, cut up fresh veggies with baked kalamata olive hummus, and mixed nuts.

Dessert: Costco tuxedo cake and for the vegans, sorbet and vegan choc chip cookies.

• Kathsgrdn
    29 days ago

Probably leftover yakisoba made with chicken and no carrots this time since I have none. It's been many years since I made an Easter dinner. I did make some deviled eggs yesterday.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    29 days ago

Not for tomorrow, since DD will have worked overnight and will want to sleep and rest; I am going to make my traditional gruyere, dill and parsley herb quiche for us on Monday. She says that she has been craving this for a week!

• carabubble
    Original Author
    29 days ago

Thank you for sharing your menus. I just came back from the grocery store. We’re going to have steaks on the grill, scalloped potatoes, broccoli. I’m going to make a new recipe I found recently that had great reviews- honey muffins. Dessert will be a choice of lemon meringue pie or ice cream. My friend is coming over which helped buoy my motivation. I’ll check in with Son#2 to see if they want to eat with us, stop in, or just enjoy their own time tomorrow as I know he will also be working a few hours. Thank you all, again. You also helped!

• nelliebean
    29 days ago

Roast beef with yorkshire puddings. Not what I would normally have for Easter but I had a roast in the freezer and wanted to use it up.

• foodonastump
    29 days ago

Annie, I always thought ”Black Forest Ham” refers to a ham cured and smokes in a particular manner, giving it a distinctive taste. So I’m curious what uncured BFH is?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    29 days ago

I don't know other than it says it's double smoked, no nitrates or nitrites and antibiotic free. I'm no expert on hams, but I do like the flavor of this one a lot.

• foodonastump
    29 days ago

Ah ok, somehow I was thinking something fresh. Makes more sense. Might have celery powder in it wink wink. I don’t know much about ham either it just caught my attention; hope it’s delicious!

• OutsidePlaying
    29 days ago

Probably nothing much as DD and I don’t arrive at the airport until 5 pm and I won’t get home until around 6. So whatever is in the fridge or that DH and I can throw together. We’ve had a great time in KC tho visiting DGD and celebrating DD’s b’day today. Just us girls.

• bragu_DSM 5
    29 days ago

hot cross bunnies ... pour hot water down a rabbit hole

• blfenton
    29 days ago

It's just the two of us as both kids are at their respective in-laws and so far we're having baked potatoes and roasted asparagus. That's as far as I have planned.

• Cherryfizz
    29 days ago

Just my Cousin and I having dinner. Roast Pork Tenderloin with maple salt and buttered garlic flat green beans I bought at a greenhouse yesterday in the County. I also bought a huge bag of mini curly cucumbers which I might slice up, add some white vinegar, sour cream and thinly sliced sweet onion. Nice and easy and doesn't take long to cook.

• nicole___
    28 days ago

pour hot water down a rabbit hole

That's NOT a cooking term is it?

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012