Houzz Logo Print
webuser_339647040

Amazing search history

Jilly
20 days ago
last modified: 20 days ago

You know what I mean. ;)

Show your last few searches. I’ll start —

Me, looking for ideas for DD’s houseplants, did not get, still looking (will probably go to World Market):

DH … what in the world?? Did not get:

DH again. His searches always crack me up. Did not get:

Me, did get. I LOVE them. My DH says they look very ’70s on me, which is exactly what I wanted:

Comments (31)

• deegw
    20 days ago

This reminds me of what Target offered me the other day as bonuses "just for you". I just started laughing. I have never purchased any of these items or anything related at Target. The algorithm is not healthy :)

Jilly thanked deegw
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    20 days ago

Ha, dee!

I’ll have to go see what bonuses Target is offering me. :D

• party_music50
    20 days ago

I'll play... I checked my amazing search history and found:

- Ellis Presidential coffee (I had never heard of it before but my mother had some and I was curious -- did not buy)

- a poster of cat breeds (just referring to it for ID purposes :)

- an old book on handmade willow baskets (did not buy)

- cat toy springs (bought, because there are already 20 springs missing in the house. lol!)

Jilly thanked party_music50
  • Funkyart
    20 days ago

Mine is pretty predictable lol.. but I don't share my account with anyone else. I am sure SO's search history is ... unexpected. LOL

Searched for various Percy Jackson gifts for a newphew's birthday (we are buddy reading the book together). I purchased both

This shows up in my search history but I got there via "buy again" not a search. Annoyed that the color I wanted wasn't available in large.. added other colors to my cart but haven't purchased yet. Love these socks-- recommended here.

Searching for a gift for a coworker. Niece raves about this brand and it must be a tiktok fav because the colors are limited and the prices are jacked up. Did not purchase at more than 2x the normal cost!

Searched for the On Cloud sneakers I thought I wanted ... did not buy. Tried on locally and found chose different options that worked better for me-- but I still like the look of these.

Jilly thanked Funkyart
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    20 days ago

Love seeing your searches, all! I’m very nosy, plus might get ideas. :D

• mtnrdredux_gw
    20 days ago

where do you find your Amazon searches (not purchases)?

Jilly thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    20 days ago

Mtn, on my page, I look up to the top right and click on “Accounts and Lists” … the drop down menu gives the option for your search history.

• Funkyart
    20 days ago

On the home page there is a block for Search History ...

ETA this time I went back (to get a screen shot) and it wasn't there. I think the blocks that display on the home page rotate through each time you hit the page.

Jilly thanked Funkyart
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    20 days ago

Oh, and I got an e-mail from A-zon that a huge container of Tide pods I ordered in Feb has been recalled:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2024/Procter-Gamble-Recalls-8-2-Million-Defective-Bags-of-Tide-Gain-Ace-and-Ariel-Laundry-Detergent-Packets-Distributed-in-US-Due-to-Risk-of-Serious-Injury

It’s not anything that affects DH and me. I’ve used nearly all of them.

• Tina Marie
    20 days ago

mtn it's under browsing history

I would certainly win the prize as I buy so much from Amazon! And apparently look for alot too. My history is too long to even show. Plants, shoes, tablecloth, bridal shower supplies, wireless speaker, pillows, wreath, dried fruit and cappuccino are just some on my search history. and on Did you know many name brand clothes and shoes have Amazon stores? I truly hate shopping at stores and do it only if I absolutely have to (unless it's antique shops lol).

Jilly thanked Tina Marie
  • Fun2BHere
    20 days ago

Mine showed artificial plants, eclipse glasses and scr**wdrivers. I purchased an item from each of the last two categories. Under the ”recommended for you” category, all of the items were things I have purchased previously. I suppose I am boring and predictable.

Jilly thanked Fun2BHere
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    20 days ago

Tina, yes! I much prefer buying from a brand I know and trust, rather than the weird all-caps names (like the plant stands I posted).

KAMAKAZOO

WINNYPOOBA

SCAMMARAMMA

(I made those up, but they look like ones I see.) 😁

• Jilly
    Original Author
    20 days ago

Ooo, Fun, if you find artificial plants you like, please share! I’m actually looking for something spiky to pair with real purslane in my window planter.

• teeda
    20 days ago

I was browsing shoes for an upcoming wedding and when I saw these I just had to click. I can't imagine tottering around in them!

Jilly thanked teeda
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    20 days ago

Teeda, I’m going to have a hard time choosing a color. And they go up to size 15!

😄

• mtnrdredux_gw
    20 days ago

Mine is dull dull.

The rug search is from months ago I think. Did not buy.

Soak is something I saw recc for washing delicates. Did not buy.

Airtags are for my luggage because after forgetting my laptop at TSA I am paranoid. Bought

Someone recc the Molly book, Did not buy.

Travel eye mask and pillow are based on a Youtuber who vlosg about travel. Did not buy.

Travel bag, designed to replace 1 qt ziplocks for airports that still do that. Bought

Eclipse glasses Bought

Bolster pillow. Bought. Pillow cover does not fit correctly, protracted backand forth with Etsy fabricator, now awaiting a new cover

• teeda
    20 days ago

Jilly, I showed them to DH just before I posted and he said, "ooh, I need a pair of those". Told him he was in luck as they had sizes that would fit him, lol.

Jilly thanked teeda
  • bpath
    20 days ago

Yawn. Dishwasher microfilters, bottle sponge, pressure washer (electric), a particular type of dish drainer (no, we are not going to power wash the dishes…although…brainstorm…), my favorite Clark Cloudsteppers that seem to be back, and an ikea laptop stand that ikea no longer sells. Yawn. Oh wait, there’s some packing cubes! but, I already have (and use) some, so why?

Have not bought any yet, this is just the search.

Jilly thanked bpath
  • Sueb20
    20 days ago

Ha, thanks for asking, Mtn. I had no idea I could look up my search history.

Jilly thanked Sueb20
  • dedtired
    20 days ago

My life is so exciting.

Jilly thanked dedtired
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    20 days ago

Sue, did you see that Lego orchid on Homeworthy? It was just featured in a Sullivan Island home.

• Sueb20
    20 days ago

Yes! LOL. Are you spying on me?

Jilly thanked Sueb20
  • bpath
    20 days ago

It’s funny to look at it! Some things in the search are only because I saw them, or mention of them, elsewhere, probably here on GW, and wondered about it. Like the LG steam clothes closet, Augustinus Bader shampoo, microwave popcorn thingy, mostly stuff I’m not going to buy, just curious. Oh, and phone cases. Lots of phone cases. Just because a seller says it’s a clear case, doesn’t mean it is clear.

Jilly thanked bpath
  • Lars
    20 days ago

Amazon said that there is nothing in my browsing history, and I do not know why.

Here is the only interesting thing in my Wish List.

Jilly thanked Lars
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    20 days ago

Lars, I love those!

Hmm, I didn’t know about Wish lists. Off to explore. :D

• daki
    20 days ago

We are boring. I took down all of my outdoor ”winter” string lights Easter weekend, mostly because of uv damage to the plastic. I had white lights strung along our fence/ property line, which was cheerful and I miss them. I started searching for solar summer alternatives. DH wants to get rid of old stumps in the yard

Last week…our younger cat broke his current favorite toy in the whole wide world and I needed a mouse sander. The younger cat also eats too fast in the mornings

Jilly thanked daki
  • hhireno
    19 days ago

Well now my history is going to show a search for Leo’s paw anti-voniting… what?! What is that? How is it used?

Jilly thanked hhireno
  • Jilly
    Original Author
    19 days ago

Hh 😄

• Jilly
    Original Author
    19 days ago
    last modified: 19 days ago

Daki, seeing your sander … I love mine. I got it at either HD or Lowe’s — it’s not that brand, but looks very similar. I stripped my big old oak coffee table with it, and a vintage side table we turned into a game table.

• daki
    19 days ago

hhireno, the antivomiting bowls are just bowls on a raised platform. I ended up just putting their food plate on top of a bowl Kori sometimes regurgitates when he eats too fast in the morning and shovels food into his mouth. In theory, a raised bowl improves digestion. Puzzle feeders are supposedly good too, but I haven’t found anything that looks easy to clean. Plate on bowl seems to be working this week.

Jilly, I had a black and decker mouse sander back when they first came out, but I wanted one with a dust catcher, so I donated it when we moved. I also wanted a cordless one, but the ones that exist are too expensive for my needs or have poor reviews. I ended up with another little black and decker.

Jilly thanked daki
  • kitschykitch
    18 days ago

antivomiting bowls! OMG I have never heard of this

Jilly thanked kitschykitch