Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_598428200

Gorgeous home with views of SF Bay

Judi
14 days ago

My one complaint is the smallish kitchen. Definitely would have to repaint the black hutch.

"This architecturally stunning custom home with extensive water views of the San Francisco Bay will take your breath away. Designed by owner architect, this masterpiece is set in its own enchanted redwood forest. Enjoy the sense of peace this property provides while being just minutes to downtown Corte Madera/Larkspur. Incredible attention to details throughout. Hand milled doors and cabinetry with curated antique fixtures and old wood beam ceilings make this home a one-of-a-kind treasure. Custom handrails, built in bookcases, ideally placed flagstone, thoughtful landscape lighting and natural hardwood flooring. Three expansive bedrooms, three full bathrooms, plus an office with a view, this home is generously laid out for comfort. The open concept main level of the home features walls of glass with jaw dropping views and a stunning Carrera marble fireplace. The chef's kitchen is dreamy with Calcutta marble, and antique custom cabinetry. French doors connect the living room seamlessly to the expansive view decks for indoor, outdoor living. The property borders the Corte Madera Ridge trail with world class hiking in your backyard."

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/312-Summit-Dr_Corte-Madera_CA_94925_M11073-29742

Comments (16)

• Lars
    14 days ago

I also very much dislike the kitchen - I need lots of upper cabinets, and the only ones I see are part of the black hutch, which also is not attractive.

The exterior is very beautiful, but I don't especially like the interior - it seems very bland and lifeless, but then I would not want to live in Corte Madera (or Larkspur). If I am going to live in the Bay Area, I would have to live in San Francisco - not the suburbs.

I like visiting the SF suburbs but not living there. I spent a few months in Berkeley and Oakland and ended up spending most of my time in SF.

• Fun2BHere
    14 days ago

They’ve clearly stripped a heritage house back to the studs and rebuilt it. The views are lovely. I thought the desk was interesting. I’m guessing they pulled apart a vintage desk and mounted the top part. The interior is sort of confusing to me as part of it is traditional with ornate touches and part of it is modern with vintage touches.

• jill302
    14 days ago

Agree with the comments about kitchen and mismatched interior, but would be willing to move-in and work to fix the issues. Just love the tree house feel and view of the bay.

• cawaps
    14 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

The wildfire risk in California has me spooked. All I could think was that a shingled house surrounded by trees seemed like a risky situation, even though I can't imagine Corte Madera is a high risk area.

• Olychick
    14 days ago

I love this house! I'm not wild about all the gray, esp in an area that can have a lot of fog (or maybe it's removed from the areas of fog), but the views are spectacular, the outdoor living areas are amazing. I could deal with any of the things people are criticizing. I'm surprised by the price...I would have thought it would be much more $$.

• Kswl
    14 days ago

This one has better views 😎

• Jilly
    14 days ago

Gorgeous house and setting!

I could get used to this view (and all the others):

And I love this furniture in this bathroom:

Thanks for sharing! I’m going back to drool some more. :D

• Tina Marie
    13 days ago

Beautiful views! The black cabinets in the kitchen don't really bother me. I think they tie in with the black trim, both inside out out.

• palimpsest
    13 days ago

I'd have to redo the kitchen. Stylistically it doesn't fit in the house. There's nothing the matter with it in isolation, but it's not a good fit.

• Gooster
    13 days ago

I think the black wall of cabinets/hutch is a big miss in that narrower space, although the camera angle contributes to the effect in the photos. It just dominates the space, and makes everything seem smaller and more cramped. The large fridge bump out doesn't help. I agree it could have been worked better both style-wise (integration) and layout.

• jsk
    13 days ago

Now that's a house I could live in. The views are to die for.

The first pic of the kitchen makes it look unusably narrow. But the other pics show it's not. I don't mind the black hutch. Maybe after living there, I'd want to change the color but it doesn't bother me in the pics.

I was also surprised by the price. I expected it to be much higher given the location.

• nicole___
    13 days ago

I remember my brothers first house had a bay view. It was built on caissons to hold it on the steep hill. The view is just awesome!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    13 days ago

I'll take it - even tho I do agree about the fire situation out there. It's lovely.

One person's too-small kitchen is another's spacious one, seemingly - mine is about 1/4 of the size, and that one looks very functional to me. A friend of mine has a similar large island like that in her kitchen - she used to be a caterer - and it doubles as their everyday dining table.

• deegw
    13 days ago

Love the exterior and the views. I like most of the inside and I agree that the hutch is a hulking beast.

I will say the pale gray wall color was a disappointment. I've been looking at houses, it seems that well over half the interiors on the market are painted the same color. Ugh.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    13 days ago

I also very much dislike the kitchen - I need lots of upper cabinets, and the only ones I see are part of the black hutch, which also is not attractive.

I love love the idea of an old hutch standing in for a run of cabs.

The exterior is very beautiful, but I don't especially like the interior - it seems very bland and lifeless,

Here we agree. The exterior is mission or craftsman, isn't it? They lose the thread inside. Need warmer colors. I knew we were in trouble when I saw the entry chandy.

Exterior and setting are magic.

• OutsidePlaying
    13 days ago

The exterior and the views are gorgeous. I didn’t care for the overall floor plan. It looked too disjointed. And i agree the kitchen didn’t look functional with big hulk of black looming over the white island. I normally love a piece of cabinetry or an old hutch too, but this looks out of place with the rest of the kitchen.