Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stacia_knox

Advice on facelift for daggy 70's tudor to modern tudor/hamptons?

Stacia Knox
10 years ago
my thoughts so far are to have the brick tuckpointed, paint the roof terracotta tiles a dark blue/grey, have external shutters on the upstairs windows, paint or replace garage door, and have either stone cladding or textured render on the face panels around the windows (where the green strips are)...ideas greatly appreciated!

Comments (12)

• RosemaryR
    10 years ago
    I'd keep the roof as is, paint the 2nd story a cream color and paint the trim/strapping 2 shades darker of the cream color, change garage doors to a style more in keeping with the house, change out lamp post for a larger one, trim bush/tree on left. No shutters on upstairs windows. It's a lovely house. Keep us posted.
    Stacia Knox thanked RosemaryR
  • PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    10 years ago
    In addition to RosemaryR's suggestions, make the "trim/strapping" wider, at least twice the width they are now.
  • Stacia Knox
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank-you nwduck, RosemaryR and Mark Bischak for you helpful advice. On a limited budget I was able to use your advice to create a much better façade on my home. Now for the interior....
  • nwduck
    9 years ago
    Looks really nice, Stacia!
  • RosemaryR
    9 years ago
    Nice job!
  • asirchia
    9 years ago
    Heres my before and after tudor!! Your's is well on it's way too!! I can relate, good job!!
  • Stacia Knox
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    What a transformation! It's amazing what a lick of paint and some love can achieve- well done! Is your interior in good shape, or also a process like mine?
  • asirchia
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    @Stacia Knox, the interior was a mess too. We totally have redone this house from top to bottom. We finished the basement with fabric walls, a recycled bottle product that we absolutely LOVE!!!! We turned the formal living room, dining room and office into a first floor master bedroom suite, and it is SWEET!!! Every piece of this house had to be touched. We just finished (a year later) the kitchen remodel, and foyer floor. WE ARE DONE!!!!! It has been a journey...how about you? Are you on facebook? Maybe we should friend each other and you can see my before and after albums!!!!
  • Stacia Knox
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    It's so great you love your 'new' home! Our interior renovation starts this year- we only need to make major changes downstairs- kitchen re-model, extension towards the back to create a new living room/conservatory, and ensuite remodel/extension. I am on face book as my name 'Stacia Knox in Perth, Western Australia'. Looking forward to seeing your pics!
  • asirchia
    9 years ago
    Oh my gosh, we just had our friends from Darwin at Christmas time!! They didn't get to see a lot snow here in Michigan, just some "flakes", but they went on to Colorado, where they got what they wished for!!!
  • Stacia Knox
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Still evolving...