Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
windsormuk

Can you please tell me the dimensions of this kitchen.?

Mo
10 years ago
Kitchen Remodel - Cypress, TX · More Info

Comments (16)

• Mo
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much for your very full explanation. What is so inspiring as how functionality is fitted into a relatively small space and how breathtakingly beautiful it is!
  • terrireilly
    10 years ago
    Can you please tell me what backsplash this is?
  • Kathleen Vickers
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    The deco field tile is Walker Zanger "Tuileries - Vendome" in "Breton Beige". The subway is WZ "Tuileries - Brique" in same color. http://www.walkerzanger.com/collections/popup-quickview.php?view=mat&view_val=&coll=Tuileries&sku=1TUIFEDVEND
  • User
    9 years ago
    I am a Walker Zanger distributor. You can contact me at Crystal@Inside-Effects.com for more information.
  • Kathleen Vickers
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Why we loved this WZ tile: Before remodeling the kitchen, we remodeled the curved staircase in the kitchen/family area. We had a custom iron railing made using a quatrefoil design I'd sketched up for the fabricator. A year later, we found this WZ Vendome tile and the design was so close to the iron quatrefoil, it looked traced. Later we worked a bit of the same detail into the new iron front doors. A great theme.
  • Christine Pool
    9 years ago
    What color is on the cabinets?
  • Kathleen Vickers
    9 years ago
    The painted cabinet color is Benjamin Moore Shaker Beige. The island and wine niche are stained black walnut. A detailed description of the painting process (and other cabinet staining/construction details) can be seen at the cabinetmaker's houzz page. http://www.houzz.com/projects/427327/cypress-kitchen-1
  • Michelle Gregory
    9 years ago

I just looked at the BM Shaker Beige swatch and it looks so much darker. Did you do lighten up the mixture by 50%?

• Kathleen Vickers
    9 years ago

The lacquer paint was made by a specialty paint company and mixed to match the BM Shaker Beige flat walls. I think the visual difference may be because of paint types and how light affects them . The cabinets are furniture-quality lacquer which has a low sheen that reflects light and the walls are flat latex which isn't reflective. If you look at the cabinet color in comparison to the canisters of white sugar and flour, you can get a feel for the true color of the cabs. Also, it may help to look at the image of the nearby stairway which is in a comment above. It's a close up view of Shaker Beige in different types of paint. The stair risers are painted Shaker Beige enamel and the walls are Shaker Beige flat latex. The light makes them look slightly different.

• Michelle Gregory
    9 years ago

thank you for your response. Your kitchen is stunning! one more question...what is the price point for the backsplash? I love it and my new kitchen is about the same size. Curious to know those WZ tiles are in my budget :)

• PRO
    Walker Zanger
    9 years ago

Hi Michelle, what is your zip code? We encourage you to contact a showroom or dealer near you to find out this information. You can look up the information to one here: http://walkerzanger.com/showroom-dealer/

• Kathleen Vickers
    9 years ago

Hi Michelle - I don't recall the exact cost for the backsplash, but it wasn't cost prohibitive. In fact, the cost of the backsplash was one of the least expensive budget items in the kitchen. Because a backsplash makes such strong impression in a kitchen design, I really recommend getting it right. Our local WZ showroom staff was very helpful and the showroom itself very inspirational. I would definitely visit.

• Michelle Gregory
    9 years ago

Thank you!! I completely agree with you Kathleen about the backsplash. My backsplash is about the same size is yours so I'm not too worried about the budget. Our budget for the backsplash in the kitchen is pretty generous. there will be another kitchen in Texas that looks like you so I hope you don't mind :)

• Kathleen Vickers
    9 years ago

I don't mind at all! I'm sure you'll love yours as much as I love mine.

• annaston
    4 years ago

when I click on the price tag it does not give me any information