Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
danielledrier

Lights

Danielle Drier
10 years ago
How did you hang the lights and where are the lights from?
Beneath Starry Skies · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Casa Smith Designs, LLC
    10 years ago
    The lights are commercial grade patio string lights we sourced from Sival. It should be noted that these lights can be very bright so we hired an electrician to install a dimmer to the lights so the owners can control the brightness. ( http://www.sivallighting.com/commercial-grade-patio-string-lights-medium-base.aspx)

The lights are attached from the fascia board on the house to a hook screwed into the tree. The wiring is tucked under the overhang and down the wall to a dimmer and plugged in.

We hired an electrician to do the job so everything is done to code.
  • Abby Dowden
    9 years ago
    Hi! Do you know which bulbs were used with the lights? I see there are different types! I wasn't sure which was best for a backyard! Thank you!!
  • PRO
    Casa Smith Designs, LLC
    9 years ago
    We used the incandescent bulbs as the LED bulbs were too blue at the time. LED bulbs color have improve greatly so I'd suggest making the investment on bulbs that use radically less energy and look just as good.
  • mamadada
    9 years ago
    would love to know how to take a pic like this with a dusk sky! absolutely beautiful! It should be framed!
  • PRO
    Casa Smith Designs, LLC
    9 years ago
    Well I recommend you do what I did...hire a professional photographer! :-) Mark is amazingly talented with all the right equipment and the blessing of a perfectly still night.