Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
strikerb52ml

This guy needs some help with media wall / crown molding

strikerb52ml
10 years ago
Hello friends, I hope to get a bit of advice from you all. I just recently modified my media center to accommodate a bigger tv. However the issue that im running into now is how to paint it; let me explain. i would like to paint the media center a nice cool grey but the issue that im running into is with the crown molding. My home has 8ft ceilings and the media center was previoisly built to take full advantage of the space thus leaving a one inch gap between the unit and the ceiling. to cover this gap the original builders covered it up by running the home's crown molding over it. it looks nice now but it has presented a bit of a problem now that i want to change the color. Because the "crown" of the media center is in essence the crown molding of my home how should i paint it? should i paint the center one color and leave the crown molding the same or should i paint the crown molding the same color until i hit the ends of the media center? i attached pictures to help explain further. thanks

Comments (4)