Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannie_nguyen

If you were stuck on a deserted island...

Jeannie Nguyen
10 years ago
...what 3 home items would you want with you?

List your top 3 home items you cannot live without in the comments! Photos are welcomed.

Pool Design · More Info

Comments (31)

• sally78
    10 years ago
    My dishwasher. My soaking tub. And, DirecTV : )
  • cheriej33
    10 years ago
    my campfire coffee pot with plenty of coffee of course, my water purifier and my moms cast iron skillet.
  • Brian
    10 years ago
    1. Brooke Shields
    2. I forgot the other two...
  • PRO
    Artworks
    10 years ago
    Computer, Camera & Sunscreen :-)
  • auntiebuzzybee
    10 years ago
    That's a nice looking pool and that's my back yard...my coffee, mosquito spray and a ticket pass on Mark's sailboat....???? Hmmm that's tough...sure do love my pillow...
  • braxton1
    10 years ago
    my husband, daughter and my carmex.
  • indianpatti
    10 years ago
    Without electricity, wireless and cable .. I would be depressed :( Guess I would need Xanax, memory foam cooling gel pad and a semi full of chocolate bars.
  • Nancy Armstrong Sloop
    10 years ago
    my Kindle and its solar charger, my good cast iron skillet, and my Think Geek firestarter. :)
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    My funny husband, my children, and a great mattress.
  • PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    10 years ago
    I had a dream about this the other night. I was on the island with Luke and Emily. We found a bottle on the beach and when we rubbed it, out popped Jeannie and she granted us each a wish. Luke wished he were in his new awkward and inspiring home on the north shore of New Zealand, and ** POOF ** he was there. Emily wished she were in her new warm eclectic bungalow with a view of the ocean in northern California, and ** POOF ** she was there. When Jeannie asked me what was my wish, I said "I sure miss Luke and Emily", ** POOF ** they were back.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Mark, very funny. Be careful what you wish for.
  • shars55
    10 years ago
    My family, my kitty, and chocolate.
  • BLee
    10 years ago
    A handsome cello player .... Oh, household items .... Reality? Comfy chair, my books. Actually can't think of ... Nine solar powered 45 hour I-Pods full of all the great music in the world.
  • victorianbungalowranch
    10 years ago
    I'd wish for an equipped and furnished solar-powered house with a clean water supply and lots of books and art supplies! And some company. Oh, and maybe a boat!
  • bungalowmo
    10 years ago
    My West Coast Feather bedding, Icemaker, Todd- Healing CD.
  • PRO
    Hawn Bedding Company
    10 years ago
    Mattress should always be #1!
  • PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    10 years ago
    Do you have any that float?? And a hole for a mast??
  • mousemaker
    10 years ago
    dental floss, my Leatherman, and a book..
  • stryker
    10 years ago
    A blender and an ice machine.
  • PRO
    VizX Design Studios, LLC
    10 years ago
    I can't believe nobody said a lighter. Everything starts with a fire when you are stranded.

1. Lighter
    2. Swiss Army Knife
    3. My MAC Book Pro
  • PRO
    Construction Guaranteed
    10 years ago
    Fridge full of food, hot water heater and dresser.
  • condomary
    10 years ago
    Satellite phone to call for take-out food and other essentials. Probably delivered by Mark.
  • diyher
    10 years ago
    my camera, computer to process photos and my cell phone so I could access the internet. Guessing my husband doesn't count, since he is a person and not a thing :) so he would be included.
  • diyher
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    codomary. how did you get the {{{-Like-}}} ? never saw that before :)
  • PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    10 years ago
    Hello, Houzz of Food, may I take your order?
  • condomary
    10 years ago
    @diyher, not sure what you mean.
  • kathleen MK
    10 years ago
    Right now a deserted island with no electronics or family sounds pretty good. A hammock, some paper books, and a magic cooler of endless drinks and food. After a week of that then I 'd want those art supplies.
  • diyher
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    I didn't just see just the green Like to click, I saw Like strange thing, it's gone now and just the normal like :)
    it's not taking my parenthesis {
  • Elaine Mick
    10 years ago
    A burning citronella candle (so I can skip the matches bit), A survival book that happens to include information on how to make tequila, and liquid nitrogen (in ample quantities, so I can make both ice for my margaritas and explosions so folks passing by on land or sea notice me before my bug repellant runs out).
  • stryker
    10 years ago
    Bob Marley, resurrected, grilled fish, and an ice cold beer.