Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shannonscalici

No rug or rug?

shannonscalici
9 years ago
Just removed a black shag rug and not sure I should putti back. Please give me your opinions!!! How do you like the room?

Comments (14)

• PRO
    Design Connection, Inc.
    9 years ago
    Fantastic room! The fireplace is stunning and the furniture placement is right on! I would only put the rug back if you feel like the sound in the room has an echo. But otherwise it looks great!
    shannonscalici thanked Design Connection, Inc.
  • gracey999
    9 years ago
    I think a rug would look nice, just not shag and probably not black...hard to tell...Nice room though.
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Does the book case behind this chair look ok? If I did do a rug I don't know what color/ pattern
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Does the book case behind the chairs look ok? If I did do a rug I'm not sure what color or pattern I would/could do?
  • PRO
    Ottawa General Contractors
    9 years ago
    No rug needed, but one could be added for colour!
    shannonscalici thanked Ottawa General Contractors
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    Love the room, but I don't like the way the sofa blocks the fireplace. I would do a few small things. First, I'd have the sofa and chairs exchange places. I'd eliminate the bookcase behind the chairs. I'd unleash the drapes.

Do those and the space will be perfect.
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    If I was to flip the couch and the armless chairs the couch would bump into the shelf under the tv. This is the other side of the armless chairs. I need something there I think
  • Chromatic
    9 years ago
    I would put that collection of silver ceramics by the patio doors on the left side of the console in front of the TV.

I would change the drapes. You need some color in here. Pick one and carry it from the drapes to the pillows on the sofa. The pillows on the sofa could be better. Pink or red are great with black and grey.

I would move the furniture closer to the coffee table. You could paint it too for some color.
  • Chromatic
    9 years ago
    One more thing...not loving the blue wall going to the kitchen. That's another opportunity for your "new color" to go. I think red would be fabulous in this space. It goes nicely with the brown of your floors too.
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    The blue is venetian plaster....can't be changed easily and I just painted the walls grey, it's soft if you can't tell. I don't really like red or pink really.... I am going to get new curtains and something new for on the tv shelve. I am not sure what color of curtains to get really, but I like the lime green maybe with some pink but definitely not a ton of pink
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    shannon, the couch won't touch the TV shelf if you flip the white chair with the armless chairs. I also think the chairs look better without anything behind them,
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    New chair!! How's it look?
  • PRO
    Midas Craft
    9 years ago
    Hi shannonscalici,
    According to me your furniture is fantastic so there is no need of rug , but still if you want to use rug then dont use shaggy rug because it does not match with your furniture standard
    here is some pic below you can this or moreover you can see on and can design your rug based on requirement on
    www.wholesalecarpet.org