Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clw1187

What color to paint Kitchen cabinets?

clw1187
9 years ago
I moved into my boyfriend's house about a year ago and I am (slowly) putting a "woman's touch" on the house.
As you will see in some of my before and after pictures I will post later, the house was very bare and white. The previous owners of the home updated the kitchen before he bought the house, and while the finishes are nice, they are not our style. We are working with a tight budget since we are spending money in other parts of the house that need it more, but I am thinking I would like to paint the cabinets and the walls and add a backsplash sometime soon (can't afford new countertops). The problem I see is the granite. Its a gold/rose/black/brown combination that, I feel, limits our choices for colors. Please help me with some ideas about what we can do. Our home is a combination of rustic, contemporary, and traditional. I love a white kitchen, my boyfriend prefers black, but I am not sure what to do. I love the look of the 2-tone cabinets (one color on the bottom and another on top) but I am still stumped. The colors we have in the adjacent living room and dining room are tans, grays, whites, mustard yellow, and a deep blue. I am open to all suggestions!
Thank you for your help!
Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022