Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pedrop

I would like to know how can I select the type of lighting to use.

pedrop
11 years ago
I love what you did to this room with the type of lamp you choose. I would like to know how to choose the right lamp to a specific room.

Thanks!
J Design Group Interior Designers Miami - Miami Beach · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Klein Lighting LLC
    11 years ago
    The pendants shown are made by Bocci (Canada) Selection of lighting in a room sometimes includes a form of ambient light (close-to-ceiling decorative, chandelier, pendant table/floor lamp, cove indirect), and also accent lights for creating focal attention. Accent lighting often means using a surface or recessed point source. Light of variable beam spread is then directed to an object to create a 5:1 contrast between accent object and ambient lighting generally in the space. There are many techniques to consider when creating an accent effect: such as silhouetting, graze lighting, contrasts of color juxtaposition to name a few.
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    11 years ago
    First of all - thanks for the complement and for contacting J Design Group Miami interior Designer.

To answer your question your accurately - it would all depend on what your objectives were - whether you wish to have ambient lighting or task lighting. Usually it requires both and should be addressed accordingly- depending on the size of the space.

Again thanks for the complement.

Your team from Miami Interior designers - J Design Group.