Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thosbaker

Which is Best for Leisure Time and Reflection?

Thos. Baker
9 years ago
If you were creating a little spot to relax and reflect, which would you choose? A bench, a rocker, a hammock or an Adirondack chair? Cast a vote and share your thoughts and thanks for taking a moment of your time!
Adirondack Chairs
Rocking Chairs
Garden Bench
Rope Hammock

Comments (15)

• Mark
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Can't resist a rocking chair :) When we were young children my sister and I would both sit on a rocking chair that my Grandmother had on her porch. It was so comfortable and so that brings fond memories back to mind, so a rocking chair would be my choice.
    Thos. Baker thanked Mark
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you Mark. I also have fond memories of my Grandmother's rocking chair and your comment reminded me of them. :)

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    smileyface2013 -- a porch swing is definitely another great idea!

• elklaker
    9 years ago
    Adirondack chairs with nice pillows for lumbar support. The arms are perfect for setting your drink (coffee, wine.....).
    Thos. Baker thanked elklaker
  • n247080
    9 years ago
    porch swing
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you elklaker -- your dog is beautiful! The boat and the lake aren't bad either!

• PRO
    Thos. Baker
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    n247080 -- thanks! I guess we should have added a porch swing!

• elklaker
    9 years ago
    Thanks! He's the best dog ever! Shh... Don't tell his sister, she's crazy.
    Thos. Baker thanked elklaker
  • abbyjean
    9 years ago
    I love to think of rocking chairs outside. Pure comfort!!! Add a throw and a pillow and voila! HEAVEN!
    Thos. Baker thanked abbyjean
  • cabingirl13
    9 years ago
    I personally love a zero gravity lounge chair- so darn comfy. I tend to nap in my chair out on the patio on a warm summer day ....hee hee!
    San Rafel Villa · More Info
    Thos. Baker thanked cabingirl13
  • grobby
    9 years ago
    Porch swing. My childhood home had a front porch with two swings, always painted some shade of green. Many pictures of our family were taken with us sitting in the swings. I now, proudly own one of the swings. It needs refinishing and yes, it will be painted a soft shade of green.
    Thos. Baker thanked grobby
  • PRO
    River Valley Cabinet Works
    9 years ago
    I don't like the way Adirondacks sit. A garden bench would also have to fit well. A well balanced rocking chair is good as is a porch swing. I don't have enough free time to enjoy a hammock although I do like them.

@cabingirl13- I think mo BIL has one of those...they look like a trip to the floor looking for a place to happen if you would happen to over-balance.
    Thos. Baker thanked River Valley Cabinet Works
  • makaloco
    9 years ago
    I voted for the Adirondack because I love how it looks, and it has a footrest. For just sitting as opposed to lounging, the rocking chair or bench would be nice. Hammocks always look more comfortable than they are, but maybe it's just that I'm clumsy and move around too much.
    Thos. Baker thanked makaloco
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback everybody!

abbyjean -- I agree, rocking chairs with pillows and throws are heavenly!

grobby -- I should have added a porch swing to this thread. They're amazing! Repaint yours and post a photo for us one day!

cabingirl13 -- those chairs look super comfy alright!

River Valley -- did you know that the slanted design of the Adirondack chair has been scientifically proven to alleviate pain and relax all of the muscles in the body by taking pressure off of the legs and back? I probably can't persuade you of this, but it's worth a try!

makaloco -- you've left me with a vision of you wiggling in a hammock -- too funny!