Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paula_briffa

Help with Kitchen Update Please!

P B
9 years ago
I am struggling to make a decision for our kitchen update, and would appreciate some opinions. Currently it is an all wooden, country kitchen circa 1980's (see blurry picture attached), and although I totally appreciate the beauty and solid construction of the wood, I dislike the colour and over all look.
My decision is complicated by the fact we know we will only be in the house for the next 2 years or so and then may sell, so I want to go with something that is 'easy to sell' but not something from a catalogue that I hate to look at each day, I also don't want to build and invest in my dream kitchen.
My initial thought was to paint the cabinet doors white and polish the existing wooden bench top a deep dark stain - but it feels so cookie cutter! Then I thought about a taupe color, but wondered if that was a bit too polarising. Note the combustion wood fire heater will be going and we will be replacing the cooktop and oven that you currently see in the picture and hopefully putting in a kitchen island.
What do you think and what else would you consider to bring life to my old Country Kitchen? Thanks for reading my question.

Comments (5)