Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nina_kirkland

Living Room Furniture placement help needed

Nina Kirkland
9 years ago
I have a medium sized living room that is broken up with doors, windows, and a fireplace so I am having a really hard time deciding how to place my furniture. Maybe you can offer some suggestions. I don't want the furniute placed up against the walls, but the narrow width makes it hard to not do so. The walls are pannelled throught the hall and living room from floor to ceiling. The paneling continues partway up the dining area walls and end at kitchen window sill with a picture rail chair stop at that height to separate the wood from the plaster wall. There are 3 box ceiling bemas in the living room that I included in the floor layout I;m attaching a picture off. I'm also attaching a picture of the wood paneling ... which I;ve thought about paining and have been unable to make up my mind about doing.

As for furniute, I have a 7-foot couch and matching 5-foot loveseat that are pretty beat up but still usable. I also: 14"x57" sofa table with 2 ottomans under it, 2 side chairs that are more like dining room chairs. They have high backs, arms and the seat/backs are covered in a satiny fabric in my favorite colors as stripes that measure 25" square and 43" inches tall at the back, two small tray-top end tables with shelf, 14"x21", a large coffee table with smoked glass top panels at 31"x60", a brass glass top table floor lamp, and a brass and glass 30" console table. I;ve other lamps available. All the wood is on the dark side ... like cherry. What do I do with this room?

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Comment (1)