0
sjbodie

I know the floor is hardwood but what is it called and who makes it. Is it engineered or real hardwood. Any

sjbodie
Evanston Project · More Info

• hurstsa
    Engineered floors are real hardwood. I have a floor that looks like this and it is Brazilian hickory. Looks elegant and supports all manner of traffic beautifully.
    Custom Home Planning Center
    style is hand scraped = the texture My floor preference is 3/4 engineered which has a top veneer 3 times thicker than 1/2" but both the ease of installation, refinish-ability and when floating it, you don't get that cushy feel. Joint glued keeps the seams tight and the expansion and contraction to the outside edges under the base board. I also do only oil finishes not poly on dark floors particularly cherry. Though it has less gloss it will not turn white from solar exposure after 5 to 6 years.
  • crystalsue80
    How durable is this flooring? 4 kids and a big dog!!!
  • Nanci Dumsha_Gardner
    Yes.. will oiled wood stand up better or worse with spills, food, cleaning and pets? Should wood look ceramic be an option?
    Custom Home Planning Center
    oil as a finish coat on a glued together engineered floor does great with spills better than traditional floors whose between slats open and close with temperature. Lower gloss oil is much easier to buff out pet scratches and kids with stones in their shoes. It does take a bit more maintenance, but I never had a problem having the kids put on miss matched socks over their shoes and have a oil the floor skating party.
  • ilovemydog
    like the floors
  • lindaylucie

I believe the floor is not wood, but tile that looks like wood. I've used it on a project and it looks great! Can purchase this product in most flooring stores.