Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xiangirl

HAVE: last chance milkweed

I have common milkweed seeds in a box. I'll package them up and send to anyone for SASE--only one stamp needed. Otherwise they're going in the trash bin. High germination rate. Strong sturdy stems grow 4+ feet. Bright pink flowers. Butterfly magnet. Harvested fall 2013 so they're fresh.
Send a SASE to me and slip a note inside that says something like, "Butterfly Weed please" because it's spring and my memory is filled with my to-do list.
Heidi

Comments (11)

• stefaniechamo_gw
    9 years ago

Im sending you an email :)

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm glad you got some! I can't stand to throw away seeds if someone will plant them. Happy planting!

• lisianthuslover
    9 years ago

Hello Heidi! I have been busy planting some previous seed you sent me. I was super excited about the blue thistle/sea hollies. Thank you for your time on making the informative packets. I would love to help the monarchs. I will send you an email. Thanks again!

• arden_gw
    9 years ago

Would love to try..have tropical milkweed but want to plant other milkweeds..monarchs are here now and I need more food for them.

Thanks
    Christine

• tnotter75
    9 years ago

Hi Heidi...I'm new to the forum. Just today, I read an article on the Monarch Butterflies struggles. So coming across your post seemed a bit serendipendous. I would love to add milkweed to my garden in TN. Please just inform me of where to send a SASE...Trent

• Resol6000
    9 years ago

i got a dumb question....
    if i plant milkweed will the little critters start chewing on my veggie garden or can i have both a veggie and milkweed/butterfly garden?
    just making sure before i plant anything...

ps if you have any seeds left...
    thanks

Original Author
    9 years ago

The monarch caterpillar eats milkweed. I read on a forum they also eat dill and fennel, but they don't just devour everything in your garden. The post I read was offering alternatives if a person didn't have much milkweed.
    Do you know how to email on this post? At the top of this post is my username and then it says (My Page). Click on My Page, then click on Send Email. Then you can send me your address without it showing up for the entire world to see. Much safer that way.
    Heidi

Original Author
    9 years ago

This offer is closed. I posted in 2 places and am sending seeds to over 25 people. Thank you for those who will plant my baby seeds!
    Heidi

{{gwi:69110}}

• wanna_run_faster
    9 years ago

Wow, those are beauties!

• caterpillarinn
    9 years ago

Monarch caterpillars ONLY eat milkweed plants.
    Black swallowtails caterpillars will eat from the carrot family ie: dill, fennel, parsley, queen Anne's lace.
    Just to clarify what seemed to be confusion. We always plants extra parsley, dill to allow for the caterpillars to munch.

A little price to pay for them to help pollinate our food.

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Thanks to everyone helping the monarch butterflies. If you grow buddleia and monarda, you will have butterflies fighting over your yard.

Sponsored