Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quicksilver_gw

The annual Turk's Cap lilies on steroids giveaway

quicksilver
13 years ago

A few years ago, when I was a newbie here, I was the happy recipient of a large number of seeds. These Turk's Cap lily bulbils will not last until Fall, when the round robin exchanges heat up. They are ready to go in the ground right now. If you have a space that gets full sun, and you don't mind a lily that faces downward, this might be for you. I went to the post office twice. I gave them the zip code for Sacramento, CA, which is as far away from me as just about anywhere in the lower 48. The postage required for either a #10 business sized, or 5"X7" bubble wrap envelope will be $1.22.

Comments (25)

• quicksilver
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You will get 15-20 bulbils. I am in the photo to give reference as to the height of the plants; I am 6' 2"ish.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:79990}}

• xcsports
    13 years ago

are they still available i would love to have some email me at ilikepieandvideogames@gmail.com

• piksi_hk
    13 years ago

I would like to try them. I'll email you for address.

• booberry85
    13 years ago

I'm trying to build up my flower beds with perennials. I would love to try some. Please let me know if you have any left.

Thanks so much!

Becky

• zinaray
    13 years ago

I would love some blubs if any left, please LMK thanks Toni

• riograndegal
    13 years ago

I would love some if still available. I promise to give them a good home with great soil. plmk Josie

• sher305
    13 years ago

I'd be thrilled to have a few of these beauties if you still have some.
    My email is sparsons305@yahoo.com
    I'm Sherry and I'd be glad to send sabe with postage.
    Thank you

• roper2008
    13 years ago

If any left, would be interested.

Linda

• Christine00
    13 years ago

i would love some! such beauties!!

• cjcjmass
    13 years ago

I would also love to give them a new home ...

Thanks you for posting

• quicksilver
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is early Monday morning. I am responding to the emails I have received with my address.

• yellowrose10
    13 years ago

I would love to have some of these beautiful bulbs if any left. yellowrose10

• kerai
    13 years ago

Would love to have some if you have any left. Will email you for address. Thanks.

• dragonflykimmie
    13 years ago

Do you still have these available? Kim

• maps31
    13 years ago

Do you still have any left?
    I will email my address.
    either way, thanks for the offer!
    Maryann

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Please, if any remain available, I would certainly appreciate some! Willing to trade, send an SASBE, whatever...! :)

• quicksilver
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Toni(?) in VA(?), I was able to return your postage to you. The P.O. didn't stamp your stamps first time through.

• mdsozark
    13 years ago

We are helping our daughter put in lily beds around their house and would absolutely love some of these if there are any left!

Thanks
    Michelle

• austinnhanasmom
    13 years ago

If there are any left, I would love some too!!

Thanks -

Deb

• zinaray
    13 years ago

got the bulblits and postage today, the bulbs are growing in the paper. i'll plant them today. thank you Toni

• quicksilver
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have enough bulbils for those of you that have made requests, but I will not be able to accommodate any more gardeners. Please get those SSAEs in the mail as early as you can this week. I would like to have this wrapped up by the end of the week. Many/most of the bulbils are already sending out a root. They were ready to go in the ground last week. Additional time out of the ground will not be a good thing.

• austinnhanasmom
    13 years ago

THANKS so much for the bulbils!! I planted as soon as I opened the mail and then we got an inch of rain!!

Happy Gardening -

Deb

• ferguson303
    13 years ago

If you do get anymore or have any left, I would love some. Just found out that they are native to Texas and would survive the heat. Hard to find plants here that can take the summers here.

• quicksilver
    Original Author
    13 years ago

At this time I would like to put this bulbil giveaway to bed. If envelopes are in transit I will honor your request. I assume that any envelope in transit from this time should arrive in my mailbox within the next two days. If anyone has not yet mailed me, PLEASE don't rush to the P.O. tomorrow morning.
    I want to thank you all for the opportunity to share. I joined GW after noticing that most of my Google searches about plants led me to this website. In my first year as a "newbie" I was rewarded with a tremendous quantity and variety of seeds from the Round Robbin Seed Swap Forum.
    I wish I could direct you all to a website with info on the perfect manner to propagate these bulbils. Last year I found a couple of links to the particular Turk's Cap Lily you have been mailed. I can't seem to find the information now. I believe this plant is a hybrid. We have Turk's Caps that grow wild here in Massachusetts. By comparison the plant you are getting is much taller and features much larger blooms. From what I have seen in my yard this plant does best in full sun. If I were going to sow the bulbils I would loosen the soil one or two inches and plant them in a fairly tight circular pattern. Not sure, but I think it may take two seasons to see a bloom.
    Peace, Out.

• quicksilver
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Last thoughts- don't worry if they are a no show next Spring. My mature plants don't break out of the ground until June.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH