Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vjhale

HAVE: Fringed Gentian (Gentianopsis crinita)

vjhale
16 years ago

I just collected fringed gentian (Gentianopsis crinita) if anyone would like to try growing it. This is a beautiful late blooming blue biennial that grows wild in part sun, and moist soil. I'd like to trade for things on my want list, or other woodlands species, but open to other suggestions.

Comments (14)

• mrs_seeders_husband
    16 years ago

I would love to have some. The only thing that I think I have that you might want is lemon mint. But if you will take a look at my tradelist to see if there is anything that you might want. thanks :)

• audrey_gw
    16 years ago

I'd like some of the gentian seeds and perhaps a couple other items from your list as well. I have the splish-splash geranium and other unusual items. You can find my list at the following link and--if interested--e-mail me from my member page. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Audrey's Trade List

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

I would like to trade for some of this and also your pink veronica.
    I have Rudbeckia - razzmatazz, orange meadowbrite from your want list let me know.
    Melanie

• dawiff
    16 years ago

I would love to try the fringed gentian! I have five seeds drying from Geranium sanguineum 'John Elsley', as well as some painted trillium and some bloodroot(Sanguinaria canadensis), both woodland plants. Neither is on your list of wants. I've heard the trillium can be a difficult germinator, but the bloodroot is supposed to be easy.

I noticed you have Hawaiian Pineapple tomato on your list of 2006 tomatoes. Would you be willing to trade any/all of those for your fringed gentian and the Hawaiian Pineapple seeds?

Alison

• danita
    16 years ago

Hello,

I would be very interested in these beauties! Here a few things I know I have available at the moment:
    Hibiscus moscheutos - dwarf, either Disco Bell or Luna Series (tags fell off) mix of white, pink and red
    Iris tectorum - Purple Japanese Roof Iris
    Kosteletzkya virginica - Seashore mallow, pink - 15 seeds
    Penstemon smallii
    Calycanthus floridus - Sweet Shrub

Thanks much,
    Danita

• SusanC
    16 years ago

Hello,

I am interested in your Campanula thyrsoides and Campanula - unknown - deep purple spots, 2" long shiny bells. From your wants, I have 2 campanulas you don't have, Campanula primulifolia, 'Spanish Bellflower', and Campanula vidalii.

Thanks,
    Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: My trade list

• thegardenangel
    16 years ago

Hello,

I would love to trade for some of your campanulas and gentian. Sending you an email, let me know if you would like to trade, Thanks! :)

Maria

• eclpsprinc
    16 years ago

Hi,

I am interested in a few different seeds from your list:
    Columbine-medium spur dark indigo with white inside photo
    Any of your hardy Geraniums
    Penstemon Violet Dusk

The only thing I have from your list is Clematis tangutica Radar Love but please check my list to see if anything else interests you.

Thank You!
    Melanie

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I have some fresh lily tenuifolium if interested. Would love some of the fringed gentian. Thanks, Melinda

• philmont_709n2
    16 years ago

I would absolutely love these. i have been looking for them forever! I have spicebush, wild leek, and many other natives on my list.

• kms4me
    16 years ago

I have aconitums including an unknown tall white, bicolor, 'Ivorine', 'Stainless Steel'; rheum palmatum antrosanguineum; ligularias japonica and pending harvest of Britt Marie Crawford; primula japonica (candelabra) and denticulata, plus veris hybrids and hardy hybrids of unknown background; cream gentian (like a white bottle gentian), blue bottle gentian; uvularia grandiflora.

Let me know,

kms4me

• sheltieche
    16 years ago

I would like your fringed gentian and unusal campanula. If there anything on my list you might be interested PLMK
    Ellen

• superwife
    16 years ago

Hi, Please check my list to see if we can make a trade. Thank you.

• lilydude
    16 years ago

Do you have any Gentianopsis seed left? I love this plant. Most of my collected wildflower seeds are from the Pacific Northwest, so they might not be hardy where you are. However, I do have some Gentiana sceptrum collected at 4000 feet near Mt. Hood. That would probably be hardy for you. I also have Lilium canadense and superbum that would grow well there. I am also growing some Gentianella detonsa superba, another fringed gentian that should grow where you are. How about some Actaea rubra? Let me know what you would like. Thanks.

Sponsored