Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Have One BEAP (bubble envelope and postage) offer

Please take a moment to read the entire terms of this offer as you and your responses will determine how many total packs (your picks) I will send, up to 10 packs.

1- one pack when you post here.

(2)Another pack if you have an email link on your Member Page, at the time you post here.

(3) Another pack if you have your email unblocked, ie have it set to Show my email address to MEMBER, at the time you post here. This is not to be confused with it being set to be shown to ALL.

(4) Another pack if you have your garden zone showing on your Member Page at the time you post here.

(5) Another pack if you additionally have your location showing along with the the garden zone on your Member Page (at the time you post here) See I am zone 5/6 S INDIANA

(6) Another pack if you have seeds listed on your Member Trade List under Seeds I am Looking For(at the time you post here)

(7) Another pack if one of your 'wants' listed is something I specifically have listed on my Member Trade Page under Seeds I have to trade(at the time you post here)

(8) Another Pack if you have some sort of a blurb on your Member Page.(at the time you post here)

(9) Another pack if you then email me, and include your Member Name in the email, as it is not 'always' automatically shown even if you email via GW.

(10)Another pack if the Bubble Envelope And Postage is mailed within 2 weeks of getting my mailing address, and it includes

1- return postage of $1.05 (or more if exact postage is not handy),

2-your garden web name

3-a return address label

4-a list of up to 10 packs of seeds wishes. Please prioritize them in the event you did not meet the qualifications to receive all 10 packs.

Not sure how to set up your email link?

Not sure how to set up your garden zone on your Member Page?

Not sure how to add your location to the garden zone box?

Not sure how to modify your Member Trade List?

Please see addressing newbie and newer member issues which pretty well explains it all in the original post and in the replies there.

If you have any further questions on getting set up, please ask on the Conversation side of the forum. The link to Conversations is found just above the list of threads here on the Discussion side.

Additionally, to set your email link to be shown to MEMBERS you need to use the drop down box at the bottom of the page when you are editing your Your Personal Information, Page, and Preferences

I will be making more offers similar to this 'one' so if you might be interested, you might want to take a few moments to get all set up so you will be ready to reply and receive of to 10 packs of seeds..

Sue

Comments (14)

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Hi! I'd love to be the recipient of this offer. Do I qualify? :)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes Connie, you do qualify. Thank you for being adventurous and responding.

#1-yes, one pack
    #2-yes, another pack
    #3-No-email addy is not shown to MEMBERS. It is not shown on the GW email form.
    #4-Yes, great.... another pack
    #5-Yes...Great!...another pack
    #6-Yes-another pack
    #7-No, you are not particularly looking for anything I have listed, that I can see at this time.
    #8-Yes, have blurb
    #9-we shall soon see
    #10-we shall see when the bubblie and postage arrives.

Hi Connie,

Please take your time and look over my seeds available, and then drop me an email being sure to include your Member Name and your wish list of 8 varieties. (see #9 specifications)

If you mail via GW, please also post here once you have emailed me, as the GW email system has been known to not be 100% reliable. If you get my email addy from the GW email form, (since I have my setting to be shown to MEMBERS) and email me without using the GW email system, it isn't necessary to post here that an email has been sent.

This offer is closed

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Yipee! Thank you Sue, for this nice offer and fun game! I will email shortly with a list.

I will have to look into my email settings...I thought it showed to members. Do you mean that when you click on "send this member an email" you can't see my address? Or is there somewhere else it should be showing up?

Original Author
    14 years ago

At this moment if I click on Send me an email link on your Member Page, the form that comes up does not show your email addy...thus the only way to email you is via GW mail.

Now if you go to my Member Page and click on the Send me an email link, the GW email form will show my email addy to you, thus you can either email me via GW or else copy the address and email me from whatever email program you use.

BTW...I am getting the follow-up replies emailed to me. When your replies came into my email, there was a message at the top that said..(PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.) The from address in that email was a generic addy of gardenweb_user@gardenweb.com, which is of no use in reaching you.

Having your email address unblocked (as in showing to Members) is particularly handy for those with bigger offers who are getting the follow-up replies emailed to them. They are then able to conveniently respond to the follow-up replies that come into their email box.

Sue

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Oh wow, you're kidding! I had no idea! That wasn't the way I intended that to be.

I just assumed that mine was showing, since it shows itself to me whenever I try to send an email to a member. At least I think it does...? I'll investigate later today. :)

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

OK, it took me a few minutes (I had to look some things up!), but I have a list together. I will also email this to you through my regular email, since my gw email evidently needs some tweaking.

Balloon Flower, White
    Aster Jindai
    Butterfly Bush Sugar Plum
    Iris Cimarron Rose*
    Sedum Xenox
    Sedum Matrona
    Rose of Sharon Lavender Chiffon
    Solidago Fireworks

*I see that you are running low on this one, so if it's not do-able you could substitute Desmanthus Illinoensis.

Thanks again Sue!

Original Author
    14 years ago

I just assumed that mine was showing, since it shows itself to me whenever I try to send an email to a member.
    You are right...your email address will be shown if you Email another member via GW. That way there are no anonymous emails ever sent via the GW system.

Members can though choose to show their addy to NO ONE, so if they post to a thread, and the original poster is getting the follow-ups emailed to them, that the responding member's email addy will not be shown in the follow-up reply email. Since I have never had any problems with any members here, I don't mind it being shown to all members.

I'll be watching for your email, complete with your Member Name included...of course...lol.

Thanks again Connie(tn) for responding.

Sue

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

OK - I think I fixed my email. It was indeed set on show to "None," so I changed that option to "Member." :)

Thanks Sue!

Original Author
    14 years ago

OK - I think I fixed my email.

Yes, it is now set the 'preferred' way for this offer...pick you another pack for taking the time to check and understand the setting I 'preferred' and why.

Sue

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Yay! Sent you an email!

• jaybirdy
    14 years ago

Hi,I'm interested in your offer.I think I've filled all the requirements to the best of my knowledge.I'm new at this and still trying to find my way around.I'm sending you an email.

Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Jaybirdy,

I'm sorry, but I'm just doing the one offer right now, but hopefully will be doing several others throughout the long cold gray winter. I will be posting again, but can't/won't say for sure when it will be....maybe later this eve, maybe tomorrow, or maybe in a few days.

It does indeed look like you are all set up well for trading. Good job! The only small recommendation would be to list your things down in a row on your Member Trade lists, as they are a lot easier to read that way.

Be awatchin...I see you are even ready with some things listed that are on my Have Available for Trade list.

Sue

• jaybirdy
    14 years ago

Hi sue. I redid my trade list yesterday,and I had all my plants listed in a row up and down like you suggested.Then when I submitted it, it changed to the way it is now.I don't know what special trick is needed to have it come out top to bottom.I still haven't figured out how to list my journal and favorite forums either.Believe me I've tried.I hope you have another offer because you have so many things I'd love to have that I was thinking about sending 2 BEAPS.....Jaybirdy P.S. When I sent you an email,it was from a different address than the one I have linked on my home page.I hope that's not the reason you don't want to send anything at this time.Sorry about that.....Jaybirdy

Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Jaybirdy,

I redid my trade list yesterday,and I had all my plants listed in a row up and down like you suggested.Then when I submitted it, it changed to the way it is now.I don't know what special trick is needed to have it come out top to bottom.
    hmmm...often it helps if you delete your history and empty your cache.
    In Windows XP I go
    Start
    All Programs
    Accessories
    System Tools
    Disk Clean-up...and let it run, and then check all the boxes that have anything in them and hit OK.

Then try updating your trade list again.

I still haven't figured out how to list my journal and favorite forums either.
    Actually things added to a journal are actually pics that have been uploaded to Hortiplex.
    Hortiplex is for adding pics, comments or ratings of specific cultivars.

HortiPlex: How to Add Comments and/or Images

HortiPlex: Help Page

It all seems rather complicated to me, but I hope to maybe upload a couple of pics sometime later this winter.

As far as your Favorite Forums on your Member Page, you should be able to set them with the Drop Down box and then just hit submit. Maybe after you do the disk clean-up described above, you can get those set up too.

When I sent you an email,it was from a different address than the one I have linked on my home page.I hope that's not the reason you don't want to send anything at this time.
    No, that wasn't the reason, but it is best to always use just one GW email address, the one you have set up with Garden Web. If I end up with numerous addresses for a member, I usually just send any email correspondence to all addresses, just to be sure they are received.

My reason was that I only had one offer on that post and because I will be making other offers...maybe with the same stipulations, and maybe with fewer or even more stipulations.

Be awatchin!

Oh...if you just cannot get your list and forums set up, drop me an email and I'll see if I can get them set up for you. I often can, when members have problems. I'm not sure why it will work for me when it won't work for them.

Sue

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES