Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Snow! Snow! Snow Pictures at Bear Creek!

kirkus
16 years ago

Boy! We keep getting SNOW, SNOW, and MORE SNOW here at Bear Creek! It's so pretty but exhausting plowing us out so much! Thought it would be fun to take pictures to share of our garden creations in the snow! Enjoy! (It's snowing again now as I write this.) Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Snow at Bear Creek

Comments (23)

• countrygrl
    16 years ago

I love snow pictures!! Everything looks so beautiful when it's covered with snow. People think I'm crazy when I say that I love snow, but when I remind them it's better than looking at brown grass for 6 months, they have to agree! Your pictures are just gorgeous! How many inches have you had so far?

• luna_llena_feliz
    16 years ago

This is a picture of a park near me with a little stream running through it.

{{gwi:76017}}

These are the remnants of the Polar Bear Club that took a dip in Lake Michigan on New Years Day. The temperature was 17 degrees when I was down there with a below zero wind chill factor. I'm assuming they were still drunk from the night before!

{{gwi:76753}}

And yes, that guy still has on his swim trunks!

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Nice snow pics - and the Polar Bear Club folks are out of their minds if you ask me!!! No way could I ever do the New Year's Day dip , heck I hate it when the shower water isn't just right, LOL.

Sal

• KaraLynn
    16 years ago

Wonderful pictures but I'm so glad I don't live up north! I haven't seen snow in person for at least 17 years and that's fine with me.

• susiesunshine
    16 years ago

Hey Kirk & Family:
    Beautiful pictures....
    The White Stuff is soooooo Beautiful on everything except people !! HO ho!
    I'll tell you it is a real work out to Snow Blow and to shovel your way in and out !!!....
    I won't say any more about it myself... cause my New Year's
    resolution is "NO COMPLAINING! ~~~
    I'm on the NON SQUAWKING FLIGHT !!!"
    So Thanks for sharing the PRETTY PICTURES!!!
    Your place looks Great Year ROUND.......
    Thanks to A L L your handy craftsmanship work!!
    H A P P Y NEW YEAR TO YOU & THE WHOLE FAMILY!!
    God Bless !
    Susiesunshine

• nonacook
    16 years ago

Wonderful snow pictures!
    We are having a cold spell right now. 22 degrees this morning with a wind chill of 12. If it has to be this cold here, I wish it HAD been a snowfall-LOL. I hope this is our only cold of the season. But I imagine we will have at least one more! All my plants look like hot water was poured on them.

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

Beautiful, Kirk! It looks great on that awesome fence with all those little bird houses! I love that fence!

Before Christmas we had a storm. It was killing me not to be able to go outside to take pictures. (My hip was messed up, and I could hardly walk.) However, I did manage to get a couple of good shots from the open slider and window on the porch.

{{gwi:76754}}

{{gwi:76757}}

{{gwi:76759}}

And...of course...Bailey came over from next door with his snow mask on!

{{gwi:76760}}

I can hardly wait for the next big storm...now that I can walk and get out for pictures!!

~Sandy~

• luvs2click
    16 years ago

Beautiful postcard shots, Kirk - I still love that fence!

Arlene

• kirkus
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Luna, I love the park scene! Just beautiful! As for the guy in swim trunks... BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! LOL Sandy, if these are the pictures you take from inside your house, I can't wait to see what you take from outside! Your yard looks soooooo beautiful in winter. The snow is a perfect backdrop to your garden treasures...and to Bailey! (Is he smiling?!) LOVE YOUR WINDOW! Where did you find that? Too cool! Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I love all of the seasons but the beauty and peacefulness of winter is so calming to me. Bear Hugs! Kirk My daughter and I are going out sledding as soon as I finish this post! Took our 11 month out sledding the other day. He giggled the whole time!

{{gwi:76761}}

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

Oh...Kirk...that is the cutest picture! What an absolute little doll! Only thing is...with that neat little quilt and knitted hat, he looks like he belongs on an old fashioned sled! Oh well...he doesn't care...he's lovin' that ride!! I'm smiling just looking at him!

I'm hoping you'll post more pictures of your sledding time with your daughter.

And...I'm hoping when we get another good snow that I'll be in good enough shape to go out and build a snowman. DH and I haven't done that in years. It's due time! I can only imagine what the neighbors will think when they see two 65 yr. olds out in the front yard...building a snowman!! DH says, "Let them think whatever they want!" chuckle

I want to go sledding! I'll never forget when my brother got his tongue frozen to the metal on his sled. Ahhh...the memories! :~)

{{gwi:76525}}
    ~Sandy~

• luvs2click
    16 years ago

Two winters ago when we had a lot of snow we went sledding as a family in the back yard. We all piled on the toboggan and were flying. It leaned a little to the side and I foolishly stuck my hand out - well, the snow had an ice crust on top and it pulled my thumb backwards and I swear I broke it. Never went to the doctor but it hurt for about a year!! I haven't been sleddin' since!

Then there's the ice skating story.......my tailbone will never be the same....I must be way too old for this stuff.
    Arlene

• kirkus
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Arlene, ouch, ouch, ouch! My teeth shiver thinking about your ice experiences! OUCH! Sandy, I love the quilt and hat too. Carol made them both for our little guy. (My wife is so talented...and modest. So, I'll brag for her!) The sled was a garage sale find. You can still see the price tag on the front! HA! LOL I'll get a shot of our daughter...she's so faaaaasssssst though when she sleds. Scares me! She has the old-fashioned, wooden sled...one that belonged to Carol when she was a child. It's cool. I wanted to put a wreath on it and display it by our door but knew better! LOL Kirk

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

OMG, Arlene...I could feel that! OUCH!

Once when I was ice skating, I fell and landed on my rear. I had a mirror in my back pants pocket! Talk about an ouchy!

Kirk, the only reason I have the old sled outside with the skates and greens on it is...I have 4 old sleds! The one with the decorations has a broken board on it. The others are in great shape, and I would never leave them out in the snow! chuckle

My old sled (60 yrs.) even has my first, middle and last name stenciled on it. I must have been very spoiled! LOL

Use the fast speed on your camera for your daughter sledding. Otherwise...we'll be watching for the blur!

~Sandy~

• luna_llena_feliz
    16 years ago

Kirk, your little boy is a sweety! He looks like he is having a great time. But who wouldn't be all wrapped up like that and snuggly warm?

Which reminds me ... I forgot to the post a picture of Carol's other gift to me ...

They aren't going to make a movie about you, Sandy, are they? Where your last word is "Rosebud?" (Let's see how old folks are if they know what I'm referring to!)

• KaraLynn
    16 years ago

Sleding is one of the few things that I miss from living up north. I was in my mid teens when we lived in Illinois just north of Chicago and while the cold was brutal (we moved to there from the tropical island of Okinawa, Japan) there was a great park within walking distance that had a wonderful sleding hill! I have fond memories of going there with my friends.

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

Luna,
    HUH? I'm pretty old but have no idea what that means!

~Sandy~

• jeannespines
    16 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful winter pics!!! Thanks for sharing, everyone! I've attached a pic of our pines along the fence line ... that's where the "tall corn grows" for the farmer that owns that land! Jeanne S.
    p.s. I'll post a couple more but still trying to string pics with a "comma" between...they just don't come up to "paste" after I've copied more than one. ??? Sorry!

{{gwi:76762}},

• jeannespines
    16 years ago

Here's a birdhouse my DH and I built this past year from barnwood and, can you believe, end pieces of an old hardwood floor we found in SIL's machine shed...had to be OLD stuff!!! Sorry no bird nesting at this time! Jeanne S

{{gwi:76763}}

• jeannespines
    16 years ago

Here's DH on his Gator' hauling feed to the birds ... watch out for that "Grinch" ... he's stolen a string of lights!!! Jeanne S.
    {{gwi:76766}}

• luvs2click
    16 years ago

Jeanne, you should enter that first one in the fair or a contest - it is gorgeous. Love the fence and the frost on everything.

Arlene

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

Jeanne, your first photo is absolutely beautiful! Excellent shot!

I love photographing things after a big snow!

~Sandy~

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Amazing photos. I'm really enjoying the beauty of the snow without "being there" thanks to you.
    Was 73 here today, LOL. Tho dropping down to 60 this weekend with that winter storm from the west coming in with rain. Our high country will get plenty of snow but Phoenix won't see a flake.....oh wait, I'm here!

hugs, K

• susiesunshine
    16 years ago

Dear Kirk & Carol & Kido's
    Those pictures are priceless ~~~ That little toddler is a prize picture award winning model !!! The picture is out of this world.... Love the Sled...price tag and all!!!
    Adore the handmade by mother Carol Quilt !!! that precious little adorable smiling face tells it all..... This is the life for me !!! He says !!!!!
    Thank you sooooooo much for sharing !!!!
    and Jeannespines.... LOVE YOUR PICS ALso !!!!That bird house is awesome!

we have lots and lots of snow here in ILLINOIS but it does NOT seem as beautiful here in the city... as these pics....
    guess it makes me miss my oldddd...120 acres in OKLAHOMA !
    But NON SQUAWKING FLIGHT>>>>
    I'm trying to bloom where I'm planted....
    It is God's will I am where I am just for TODAY!!!
    who knows what this NEW YEAR 2008 ~ will bring......
    God Bless YA'LL
    H A P P Y NEW YEAR 2008 !!!
    see Ya when I get there !! sigh*** ~~~~~~
    Susie