Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Another car accident ! -- Me !

toomuchglass
15 years ago

It's so icy here - the roads are treacherous . I've been driving along the last couple days and see all sorts of people in the ditch , spun out , stalled ..... I was so happy I wasn't one of them. As I'm coming back from shopping ... my foot slipped off of the brake and gunned the gas . There I went - slamming into my garage !

DOUBLE DUH !!!!!

{{gwi:76836}}

{{gwi:76837}}

My car is only 7 months old . Oh well .... it is what it is .... thank goodness for insurance .

Comments (9)

• kirkus
    15 years ago

Oh, I'm so sorry. Carol and I can relate and sympathize. Are you okay? Yes, thank goodness for insurance. Our truck is in the shop for a month. Finally got a rental...covered by insurance. Please take care...these roads can be treacherous... Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Whoa! I'm glad you weren't hurt and that there wasn't a lot of damage to your car!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Glad you are OK!! Easy to have accidents in the cold & ice!! Just a hassle getting things fixed!! Jan

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

PRAYER REQUEST -

S P R I N G!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless You,

Susie

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Glad to hear you are ok.

FlowerLady

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh don't you just hate when that happens! On the up side, it could have been much worse. I know it ruined your day though :-(

~tenderlee

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about the bumper cracker accident, toomuchglass! And it sucks that the bumpers crack so easily now! On the upside, if it was a stronger bumper, it probably would have done a lot more damage to the garage. I'm glad you aren't physically hurt (I bet you sure hurt emotionally though!).

I've done the same thing myself with one of my older cars. I hit one of those concrete bases on the big light poles in a parking lot. Sure didn't hurt the concrete but I managed to get a crack in the bumper. But it wasn't because my foot slipped off the brake! I just couldn't see the concrete out my rear window because my car (a Pontiac Grand Prix) was built higher in the back and had a spoiler on the trunk to boot.

I'm with Susiesunshine ... let's pray for Spring! (One without all the flooding we had last spring!)

On another note ... I don't know about South Milwaukee, but it seems the rest of the Milwaukee area has horrible snow and ice removal these past couple of years. The snow has to be 6" deep or more for them to bother bringing out the plows. There are always multiple accidents on the streets and freeways because the roads are so horrible.

I remember one big snow storm last year that happened while I was at work. We got at least 8" during the day and they let us go early. I fell and couldn't get up while cleaning off my car because I could get any good footing. I was rolling around like a turtle on its back hoping no one was looking. lol! I finally crawled to the front of the van and was able to lean against it to get up. I think I held my breath most of the way home. It was hard to tell where the road was ... everything was just one big blanket of snow! And not a snow plow in sight! I practically fell out of my van with relief when I got home and kissed the garage floor.

If they are going to cut back on government spending, I sure could think of better ways to do it!

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Oh 2 much glass !
    Sorry to hear of the fender bender....
    This Icy >>>> COLD!!!! FROZEN weather...
    is
    for the birds.... NOOOOOOOOOO even they flew
    S O U T H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You take care !!!!
    LOve & Prayers....

SusieSunshine !!!

DANG this is NOT ALASKA .... IS IT ? ! ? ?
    duh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Too much, glad you are ok! That has happened to me with the icy pedals, tho luckily I didn't hit anything. You' think that there would be a way to keep pedals from icing up!
    kathy