Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Any news on Nanagrandma...keep the prayers going!

jeannespines
15 years ago

Oh, just thinking of Nanagrandma and her family...and hoping for good news that she is on her way home from Rochester...and that the healing process continues. So keep up the prayers, GJers, she certainly has alot ahead of her yet! Jeanne S.

Comments (27)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I know she has a rough time yet, and prayers won't stop.
    I keep checking and hoping her daughter will update us. I'm sure the first few days after surgery were really miserable for her. Meanwhile, I'm hoping "no news is good news".

{{gwi:77274}}

• treasureforu
    15 years ago

Has anyone heard anything? Did I miss a post? I haven't been to the boards much the last couple of weeks.
    Praying for Sylvia and hoping for the best.
    Mindy

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

I haven't heard anything since Michelle posted right after surgery. I will try to get ahold of her this weekend if we don't see something here before then. I haven't called her yet because I didn't want to disturb her this week. I wanted to give her some time to heal a little bit. But like all of you, I am worried about her and wondering how she is doing...

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just want to know if Nana made it home alright ... and started the next steps to recovery...HOME is so important during this journey...our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you, nanagrandma...keep that beautiful smile & lean on God, your DH, & beautiful family right now...let them all hold you up during this time of treatment and healing. Jeanne S.

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Sylvia,

I too am praying for your recovery to go well and look forward to you posting again.

God bless you!

~Sandy~

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Just wondering too. I hope she is home by now and resting.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

I've been checking in a couple of times a day also! They say no news is good news so hoping family is just busy giving tender loving care! Looking forward to seeing her bright smile again before too long!! Jan

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Hello Fellow Junkers
    I am doing well even with a hole in my head LOL
    Thank You all so much for your prayers. The Mayo Clinic was wonderful, doctors, nurses and staff. We came home on the 21st in the evening. The pain is slowly going away but everday is better. I will be returning to Mayo in three months for a follow up and after that annually. Doctor tells me they got all of the tumor, the tumor was not in my brain, so that is really good news! No radiation or chemo for right now, Thank You God!!!!
    When I go back for check up they will make sure there is no growth and decide what next. It is a very slow growing cancer and they feel they got it all. I am amazed at how quickly I am healing it will be two weeks tomorrow since the surgery. My sweet daughter Michelle is coming tonight to help out her dad for 3 weeks. She is bringing my GS which will make me feel better just seeing him.
    Luvya all

Sylvia

• kirkus
    15 years ago

OH, Sylvia, we are sooooooo HAPPY to hear from you! PRAISE GOD! You sound so chipper, and it sounds like things went so well. Carol and I will continue to pray for you in your recovery. GOD BLESS YOU! You made my day! Love and Bear Hugs! Kirk and Carol

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, nanagrandma!!!! I am doing the HAPPY DANCE (that the GJers do on here, ya' know!) So-oo GOOD to hear from YOU, YOURSELF!!! God bless you!! I am so glad to hear you are HOME and starting the healing process!!! Enjoy your family, keep the faith! Love to you and yours, Jeanne S.

• smickerdoodle
    15 years ago

Sylvia

That is the best news that I have heard. I am so glad that you won't be going through the chemo or radiation at this point. I am so happy that the Dr is sure that he got it all. I have been very worried about you. God has been with you holding your hand and lifting you up.

God Bless You!!

~Micki~

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago

ya.yippy,happy dance
    so glad to hear
    debby

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Oh what wonderful news!! It would have been my DH birthday today so what a nice gift to know you are doing fine. GF will get a call as she has been praying for you also!! So I have good news to tell her! Well, still got all your fingers & toes ? When you moving to enjoy those winters??? At least now you understand what they are complaining about,winters do get long in cold climates. Now if Cait came on & still has a house I will be a happy camper!! Welcome back to Ca!!! Hugs & prayers that it is all good from now on out!! Jan

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Sylvia- There is magic in those visits from grandbabyloves! Try not to do more than you should. Let them love you and help you out. I can assure you that you have been on the hearts and minds and Spirits of many people. What an amazing journey you had to travel. I guessing that Home Was Never Sweeter than it is right now. Rest- Susie

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I'm so excited, and have "happy tears" running down my face.
    To hear from YOU, Sylvia, and with all the good news...well its just beyond-words-wonderful. You are loved, and have been so missed here.

{{gwi:77274}}

• nonacook
    15 years ago

Glad you are feeling better every day.
    I too, thank the Lord that they got it all.
    I know you are glad to be back in Sunny California.

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

YEEHA!!!!!! So glad you're home and feeling better everyday!! And thanks be to God that you don't have to have radiation or chemo right now!! God is GOOD!! So happy for you Sylvia!!

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

YEEEE! HAAAAAAAW! Glad to get such good news! God is good and all our prayers will continue for your continued recovery!

Now, you do realise that you have a permanent excuse for when that old woman strikes, right? I'd be milking that one for all it was worth!

I hope that you feel good enought to do the happy dance with us soon!

~~Mimi

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Sweet, yippy hoolahs! Nanagrandma is doing better! And no crappy chemo or nasty radi at this time. Prayers that you continue to improve every day.
    Vickie

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

So Good To See You Sylvia!!! Excellent news on how it's all going! Take it easy, let that precious family spoil you, because they want to!!! The grandkids would be my perfect medicine too! ~tenderlee

{{gwi:78166}}

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

I am just so darned happy for you, Sylvia...I could bust!!

The doctors telling you there was no brain involvement has to be the biggest relief ever! I can imagine what has gone through your mind during this whole thing, because I know what I would have been thinking were I in your place. It must have been very, very difficult! I can't even begin to tell you how very happy I am that things have turned out so well for you!

I pray for your continued recovery and am glad you are back with us!

Doin' the happy dance for you...

~Sandy~

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Such good news! Sounds like they caught it at a good time.
    kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Sylvia, I am so happy for you and your family! What AWESOME news! Just knowing that they got all the cancer must be a big load off your mind and your family's. That would be half the recover right there. I'm doing the happy dance with Sandy!

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Hi Sylvia,
    I am so happy to hear you are doing well. That is wonderful news! Just get lots of rest!!!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh, luna ... your "happy dance" is killing me! I was handling capecdr's ... but, OOOOWW ...WEEEE!! My speed is more like this from back in my very early childhood days! LOL ... nanagrandma, if you're readin' this thread, you know that we're so happy to hear your great news & thinking of you! Jeanne S.

Just a tappin' toes: {{gwi:78167}}

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

Oh what a little cutie pie!!! Love your old pics Jeanne! Nanagrandma, we've been doing the happy dance since we got the good news about your prognosis! ~tenderlee

• treasureforu
    15 years ago

Fantastic! So glad to know you are doing well, Sylvia! I am still keeping you in my prayers but isn't marvelous to have such good news. I am sure having the grandson around will get you healing even faster. Keep up the wonderful progress and get plenty of rest.
    Mindy

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional