Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teengardener1888

Nursing along Arrowhead vine Wondering about Health

teengardener1888
10 years ago

Everyone knows me as being very good with plants. I dont know much about these i Bought and repotted. Can you please give me feedback on the health.

I give it...........

indirect bright light

regular watering

It seems to respond to this well. Should fed it soon

Comments (14)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    10 years ago

What kind of potting medium is that? It looks like straight peat in the picture.

Your syngonium looks very healthy.

• User
    10 years ago

Hi TG,

Looks fine from here, looks like you found a nice one.

Just so you know, these are regarded as medium to lower light plants. Personally, I wouldn't give it any stronger or more direct light.

Sorry, I'm a tad confused, if you just repotted it (assuming new mix) why would you want fertilizer so soon?

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    10 years ago

there are two of them in the container and yes i did just repot them. i think plants in lower light grow better in bright indirect light. i did move it to a shadier position

• ashratnam
    10 years ago

Hi there,
    I'm a bit of a novice myself. Your Syngonium looks great. I was wondering how many hours of light it's getting?

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    10 years ago

it gets bright light all day but there is no burning so i have no concern

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

I think you may like the pattern of the variegation better in less light. New leaves may also be pink. If that spot has enough light to keep the Tradescantia that dark, it's enough to wash-out the patterns of the Syngonium leaves.

• User
    10 years ago

Here's some Synogium I'm growing in water. Will be moving them to a darker spot that needs a bit of green..

{{gwi:86652}}

a closer look

{{gwi:86653}}

a better look at the leaves

{{gwi:86654}}

I did it in water, 'cause somehow I only had a piece or 2, not enough for as pot.

TG,

Bet yours is going to do well, it looks healthy, but that was a good point made above not to let it get too washed out.

10 years ago

Very pretty, PG!

The pink leaf is a very new, young one. This group of plants had many more, much more pink leaves until I hung it from the pecan tree. Not all shade is equal, as I'm constantly shown by the plants and the various places I stick them. (Potted with a Begonia.)

• plantomaniac08
    10 years ago

Purple,
    Is that the arrowhead you found in your yard?

Planto

10 years ago

Yes, Planto - great memory!

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That is a pretty begonia and arrow purple

10 years ago

TY, TG! More pics of it here. The Begonia was recently bought, a dragon wing.

I'm not sure your Syngonium can make pink leaves. I got a little one last year that could be the same as yours, very similar. It has not made any pink leaves (yet) but it does have a lot of pink in the middle veins of the newer leaves.

You've got a lot of individuals there, if you wanted to experiment with different exposures simultaneously, but understandable if you don't want to get more pots going for that. When separated, each one takes up very little room, as PG's pics show well. If you have empty space(s) in other existing pots, some companion planting might work. I have an old fork that works well for adding plants along edges like that.

10 years ago

Hoping your plant is still doing well, TG. What's it doing? Now that the tree is shading this plant more, the new leaves are pretty pink again.

• teengardener1888
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes purple they are doing well. They are drooping lots of leaves and are getting more vinelike, but that is the natural nature of this plant, unless you have the white butterfly hybrid