Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craftylady_2006

Garden Junk Extravaganza!!! You Gotta See This

craftylady-2006
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I went to the Old Deerfield Summer Sampler Craft Show yesteday and had a great time. I travelled there the "other way" this time and turned onto a backroad I'd never been on before. I came upon this place called the "Good Time Stove Co." It was a "Garden Junk Extravagaza!!" I'm sure the pics will explain why I stopped - it was the most incredible place I had ever seen - as for garden/yard junk. I took some pics of the front of the place and this young man came out and I told him I'd never seen anything like this - he just smiled. He told me they sell the old antique stove all over the world. They've been featured in magazines, etc. They have a web site called just that "Good Time Stove Co." (just type that name in your web browser line to find it.

He said "would you like to see the Dragon?" Of course I was curious and said "sure." Well he took me into the backyard (the folks live there and it's their backyard). OMG, it was simply awesome. Using stone, rocks, (even some glue I'm sure, LOL) there was this "Dragon" sitting area. It had super pretty decorative glass pieces all over it, on the ground, etc. The guy told me "it's a work in progress," they've been building it for about 15 years now. There were little separate areas of the gardens and there were rusted out bikes, junk, doo dads, etc. etc. He told me there was going to be a party there that night and they would start a fire in the the wall below the Dragon's head. The smoke from the fire goes up the chimney in the Dragon's body and comes out the Dragon's mouth. It's got to be just awesome to see it do that. There is an area where they are building a "theater area." There will be little plays, music, etc.

So enjoy these pics and I'm sure you'll be saying "OMG, that's simple incredible."

Sal

{{gwi:150401}}

{{gwi:150402}}

Here is a link that might be useful: PHOTOBUCK

Comments (17)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

oh man, I'd have gone nuts there. Just the front of that place would have had my attention for a good hour. I love they had a sign saying Garden ART for sale too. Our kind of folks for sure.
    Thanks for sharing this cool place.

hugs, Karen

• lilbluyze
    15 years ago

I delight in finding places like this. I love to go through junk stores too. Sometimes we miss the best stuff by not going the back roads or being in a hurry. This was worth the trip

• virgogirl67
    15 years ago

That's AMAZING! I'm a backroads kinda of gal and I just love running into places like this. You hit the jackpot on this one. The dragon is quite impressive and the wagon wheel fence too! One of my favorites is the rusted wagon wheel on the mint colored wall...with all the other metal doodads around it.Love it! Thanks for sharing that...it made my day!

B :)

• emtnest
    15 years ago

How fun is that!!!!!

• wvgardenartist
    15 years ago

This place looks awesome. What a lucky find!

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

What a fun place! Love that giant tin man! And those birdhouses! And the big painted shovel! And the pergola wall! Love it all!

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Oh my Goodness!!!!!!!! How did you ever leave?!!!!!! There is soo much to look at. All that beautiful glass. Too bad he didn't invite you to the party! Thank you for taking all those wonderful pictures and sharing them with us.

• daisydal
    15 years ago

GOOD GOSH A-MIGHTY!!!And you're not still there! I bet you had a blast! how cool that they were so friendly to you. But most people like that,(ur,us!), are anyway! I love the old wagon wheels and all of the glass! i'm like virgogirl, a backroads kinda gal, (go, figure, shes my neighbor, Hello, Kansas!)and you do find the coolest things on the way! Hope you recovered from your shopping extravaganza, and thanks for sharing! blessings-sherri

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

That is just Awesome !!!!!! It's an artist's playground.

• Kathryn Botard
    15 years ago

Ok, wait til October. I'm going to take my dig. camera and take photo's when I go back to Warrenton. Any other Texas gals been there? Just one time there and you are hooked. I got a headache just thinking about all the creative stuff there.

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

OMG...what an incredible place. So glad you found it and so glad you shared the pictures with us. I have so many ideas in my head now....wow!!!!

• kendal
    15 years ago

Very cool, but where is the dragon?

• Kathryn Botard
    15 years ago

wow, i totally missed the link to the photo's. Amazing place and set in such a beautiful part of the country. I really loved that wagon wheel art and those colorful birdhouses. I have to get a book on how to make birdhouses

• toomuchglass
    15 years ago

I saw those photos ...... I can only dream of having a life dedicated to decorating a place like that.

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It sure was an fantastic to see all that stuff.

Kendal - in my photobucket album, I've got a link to it above, the dragon pic and other pics are probably on the 2nd or 3rd page. I took a lot of pics there.

Sal

• chrizty
    15 years ago

wow awsome!!

• woozyb
    15 years ago

what an absolutely wonderful place! great pics, craftylady. those stoves are works of art in themselves. love, love, love his yard.

Here is a link that might be useful: justjody

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio