Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Finally, I have some pictures to post

Marlene Kindred
15 years ago

Hello all~

My daughter tells me I suck at this whole internet thing, since it took her so long to show me how to use photobucket and how to post them on the site, but hey, what can I say?? I've posted some of my "garden junk" for you guys to look at. Thanks for the inspiration that you give me--I love it! I also put my POTM plate flower in this group!

Here's the link to my album!

Comments (26)

• Kathryn Botard
    15 years ago

Inspiring, simply inspiring! I love everything in your garden. I really love the way you used your iron beds! I could go on and on. Boy do I have a lot of work to do. Thank you so much and don't worry, you'll get the hang of things soon with picture posting and all.

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Marlene, great job on everything! Your porch is so inviting and I love your plate flowers, the colors are beautiful. I agree with Kathy, the way you set up the bed is so, so cute! I remembered that we replaced some of the old windows at my gr'parents old house,(I own it now), when we were renovating it to put on the market, I am the last one in the family to have it, but too much work and about an hour away. So I snagged them up and brought them home. I love what you done with yours and the sunflower painting is very pretty, mind if I copy? Oh, and I like your buggies, too! blessings-sherri

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

You dish flowers are wonderful...so colorful!

I love your bugs, and what you did with the pulley and the buckets. I've been racking my brains for something clever to do with an old pulley I found last year...now I know! Thanks!

Everything looks great!

~Sandy~

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Great stuff. Glad you decided to share with us.

• weave1022
    15 years ago

Kudos for the Picture Show............... gave me a wonderful hour of drooling!!
    ...........Daughters...........can't live with em.......can't live without them. I'm still trying to figgure out my cell phone!!!
    Great stuff.......very creative........thanks for sharing!!!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

I'm so glad you learned how to post your photos! What fun! I really love your plate flowers. What a delightful garden they make. I bet you get LOTS of compliments about them!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

I like your garden. Those plate flowers, mmmmmmmmmmm nice eye candy. The window is georgeous. I so want to do some.
    Kathy

• kat4kittens2002
    15 years ago

enjoyed all your pics..the window and plate flowers are very pretty!..those bugs are just too cute!!
    thanks for sharing the pics.
    kathy

• ohgirl
    15 years ago

Marlene everything looks soooo good!! I loved the spider and web! Those plate flowers are beautiful!

• njtomboy
    15 years ago

well done - everything is really beautiful!

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Wow times three!!!! I love everything! I'm going to have to go back for another look!! Plate flowers soo pretty. I like the white wrought iron piece, and the headboards. Just wonderful.

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for all of the wonderful comments! Inspires me to do more! And, I love it when I find things like the spider web sitting beside the dumpster at our local dump! Yeeha!

• craftylady-2006
    15 years ago

Ohhhh, those darn kids think they know everything don't they!!! LOL, Love your glass flowers Marlene, and everything else in your gardens. Great Job.

Sal

(Oh Heck, I had to ask my neighbor how to turn on the cell phone my DS and DIL sent me for Mother's Day).

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Everything looks wonderful. That bug is especially a cutie!!!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Marlene - Loved the trip through your gardens...very beautiful! Your plants and flowers are wonderful! I saved your "garden buckets" for a project...I have some wooden pulleys that I once used with small buckets (insect candle size ones)...I love the size of yours and that you put the pulley on a post! Thanks for sharing! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Marlene, you have one gorgeous garden - real and glass flowers combined! I just love your metal bug and spider. I wish I knew someone who welded so they could make me something like that. Although I have to get a house and yard first to put it in! lol Everything looks so pretty and serene. Lovely job! Thank your daughter for getting you up and running with those pics!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I can't think of one thing to say that hasn't been said, LOL. But I couldn't agree more with ALL that's been said.
    Super, wonderful job and so thrilled you got your album for us to enjoy.

hugs, Karen

• akup_a
    15 years ago

I adore your spideeeesss! And that frog a goin' fishin' is way cool! I'm not a frog lover but yours with it's expression is cute.
    Vickie

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Very nice. What is the spider made from?
    kathy

• caroleena
    15 years ago

you get an A+++ from me! every little picture i had to look at twice!

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    15 years ago

To answer Kathy's question, my spider was a surprise from my DH. He used an old well strainer for the body, rebar for the legs and just a metal pipe cap for the head. Thanks for asking!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

WOW....clapping hands for your DH. He's a Keeper!!! LOL

hugs, Karen

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

Great projects-----I loved it all

Florence

• spedigrees z4VT
    15 years ago

I love your porches! We have the same type of railings with the little white Victorian spindles on our porches. Just love the look of them (except when it's time to paint them!)

Your glass dish flowers are so colorful with the light shining through them. Very pretty.

• rosiew
    15 years ago

Marlene, have a question for you. What sort of paint did you use for the wonderfun window? Will it hold up outside?

Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Rosie, in Sugar Hill, GA

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Rosie~~

I just used craft paints--the kind you use for most other craft projects. Then I sprayed it with shellac. The window does hang in my gazebo, so it doesn't have direct sunlight. Other than that, it has held up nicely. It's also not painted on glass. I broke the glass out, then used a piece of thin board type material--it has a name, but for the life of me, I'm not sure what it is--it might be mdf board--then painted on that. I'm lazy too and haven't taken it inside in the winter, so it's been out there for a full three years!