Comments (11)

• PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    This looks like carrara marble to me.
  • PRO
    Stephani Buchman Photography
    11 years ago
    I am the photographer, not the designer. You can refer to Carriage Lane Design to ask you question. thanks
    steph
  • PRO
    EMPIRE TILE & MARBLE SUPPLY
    11 years ago
    This is Carrara Marble, however, this marble along with Calcutta is not recommended on shower walls or other wet areas. This material naturally has iron in it, when exposed to moisture it can bring the iron to the surface which creates orange spots on the face of the tiles. It is possible that it may not happen, although I have seen it happen in many, many cases
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Would sealing it regularly help? Great to have an expert in the room :)

I've seen all sorts of stone used in showers but haven't used it much myself. Do you have specific recommendations on what works reliably and what you absolutely do not recommend? This would be most helpful information.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Porcelain is a no maintenance solution
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much, Empire, I'm going to copy out your comment and stick it on my wall for future reference :)
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Great, if you have any other questions feel free to ask! I hate seeing people buy such beautiful products and then accidentally ruining them because of a lack of product knowledge
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Thank you, I can see you will be a wonderful resource :) Bookmarking your site now for future reference.
  • Marilyn Au
    6 years ago

Can you advise name of porcelain tile that looks like Calcutta or Carrara marble?