Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
florey_gw

Spring is Coming- What's your fav. Exercise video?

florey
15 years ago

Getting ready for the spring effort.

Have already started to eat more veggies.

More movement, healthy food, yadda yadda...

What have you found most effective?

What is easiest to keep up?

Favorite small treats?

One big meal a week?

Diet mixing- South Beach one day and whole grains the next?

Favorite putter around stuff?

How do you stay motivated?

What works for you - and what doesn't?

I like Callanetics 'quick stomach'

Parking far away, A bike with a basket.

Cocoa as tea, cornstarch choc pudding, cocoa ices, Lindt truffles[3],

Fruit jams in yogurt.

Green tea, liking Nell N-'s Organic

Veg fed chicken, eggs, fish -not farm raised

Odd whole grains [no wheat]

Organic milk,

Organic produce, or frozen

Cranberry nut mixes

Fun little things as bribes/rewards

Really fast weight loss, is bad for you:)

Comments (9)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    15 years ago

I like Richard Simmons Sweatin' tapes to exercise
    Putting meals on smaller prettier plates
    decaf mocha
    fruit juice in a special glass instead
    no big meals any more, just nibbles at nicer places (it was the atmosphere I was after apparently)
    soup for lunch, rejuvenates and warms for a second wind
    water instead of milk
    ice skating with LF
    flying kites with LF
    running with LF
    LF keeps me moving
    being sad kills my motivation, but then I shake it off or ask you guys and I feel better
    then wearing sparkly jewelry to perk me up

• mwoods
    15 years ago

sparkly jewelry. LOL How true that is Robin. I think we each have our own little "perk me up" thing. One of mine is looking at mandalas and the other is going outside into nature. I can always find something that grounds me instantly. Don't ask me why,I haven't a clue other than it brings me to the present moment. I don't do exercise videos Florey. I've tried but it's too regimented for me. I like yoga because I can do anything I want,I do the treadmill with rock or whatever blaring in my ears..need that beat,and I really need to do some weight bearing in the winter but I don't. Foodwise..well I've tried most of the diets and everything works temporarily. Low carbs really knocks the weight off fast but i can't sustain it to any great degree. The thing that works best is eating whatever I want in smaller amounts,mostly whole foods,and a disgusting splurge a couple times a week.Disgusting doesn't mean a couple of cookies,it means the entire bag,or maybe 1/2 pound of fudge,or half of a pecan pie..GROSS. But...twice isn't going to affect my weight and it really gives me my sunny disposition.( Winking here)

Robin...here is one of thousands of mandalas. This is what many Hindus and Buddhists focus on when they want to meditate.I just happen to think they're beautiful. Hey..they'd make great jewelry wouldn't they?

{{gwi:140601}}

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    15 years ago

You said it M! when I opened the thread again, my eyes were glued to it... then I read. Beautiful. Almost rivals nature.

• andie_rathbone
    15 years ago

Robin, LOL about the Richard Simmons Sweatin' tapes (or, I guess DVD's these days). I've still got the VCR tapes that I exercised to in the 1980's and, in fact, when I hear some of those songs on the radio, I can still remember the routines.

Now I mostly walk outside & to the tunes in my head or from the birds.

• lilod
    15 years ago

Walking year round, some distance to the chickens, then downhill to take a lap around the pond with the dogs, then uphill (35% grade) back to the shed, getting food for the goats, downhill a bit to the goat-gate, back up to the house, up the stairs. Do this twice a day.
    Weight bearing: push three wheel-barrows full of firewood from the wood-bin to the deck, at least twice weekly Carry some of said firewood into the house daily.
    It keeps me in good shape.
    I have a Tai Chi DVD but have a problem trying to watch and follow the routines at the same time. A class for that exercise would be beneficial, I think, but there are none available near here.
    I like the non-fat yogurt with some jam mixed in, a good snack and a lot less expensive than the small tubs of yogurt with the fruit on the bottom. Summertime I use fresh fruit.
    Treat: chocolate, the 85% cocoa ones.

• calliope
    15 years ago

Don't do this. Life keeps me cranking, both aerobically and otherwise. I used to go to the gym, simply because they had a universal which I used purposely as a means to an end for certain muscle groups like upper arms strengthening (for firearms this comes in handy on a firing range), or building muscle mass in legs (joint support). I do this sporadically now if I see an area I think needs addressed. But I guess I'm just too cheap to pay for a work-out. I just do it.

• minnie_tx
    15 years ago

I use Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds I like to do the one mile walk part of the two-mile video I try to do it everyday other wise my only exercise is walking the walmarts

• agnespuffin
    15 years ago

My favorite exercise, and one that works wonders for me, is walking back and forth from my computer to my reading chair....and back again.
    Up, ten steps, turn and down. wait and read a while. Up, turn, ten steps and down. check e-mail.

Repeat as needed.

Oh, shoot! I forgot where I left my book!

• Janis_G
    15 years ago

It's hard to think of spring when it's so blooming cold outside.

I don't do exercise to tapes any more.
    Which is why I'm in such terrible shape.

I cracked a tail bone once trying to exercise with Jack Lalane.
    Remember him? Try hanging on to a chair with one hand and
    lifting one leg over your head and see what you get!!!

I like Richard, he's so peppy and he sparkles!

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus
More Discussions