Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amcarni

Maintenance

Amanda C.
11 years ago
How do you maintain the grass level? Can you run a lawn mower over stone pavers like these or do you have to weed-eat the whole area? I'd like to replicate this but mostly because I want to cut down on my mowing-time.
Andalusian Courtyard Fountain and Lounge · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    FormLA Landscaping
    11 years ago
    Great question, Amanda. The simplest way to manage the height/weeding issue: avoid it all together! By selecting a plant material that reaches a limited height and is made to thrive naturally in your climate, you can save yourself time, petro, and aggravation. In Southern California climates, Dymondia is great. Its blue-grey foliage and yellow flowers are a beautiful contrast with terra cotta tile, it grows low, and can take heat and foot traffic. A more yellow-green groundcover sedum angelina looks great with natural concrete pavers like these.
  • vixter1
    11 years ago
    Hi Cassy - lovely, just lovely! I just fell in love with spanish - but want to incorporate the modern. Its hard to completely leave behind my danish love. Anyway - my question: the plants you recommend - what you have there looks emerald green on my screen - so it doesn't seem you used either plant you mention in the pavers. Could you tell me what you used here? Thanks!
  • PRO
    EasyTurf
    11 years ago
    This type of project is also the perfect fit for EasyTurf - you'll get the same look and feel of grass without any of the maintenance ... check out some our recent installs.
    Cheers!
    George
    http://www.houzz.com/projects/164931/EasyTurf-with-Paver-Stones
  • dleisch
    10 years ago
    Real plants look better than the astro-turf.
  • dleisch
    10 years ago
    Plus, it is pretty annoying how people now use houzz to pitch their products........worst is that guy that thinks every wall should be a mural. Hope houzz doesn't get ruined like facebook did, keep vendors in their own area, unless specifically asked for help. Makes the designers and other original posters have to go back and correct what others are suggesting.