Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vamptoo

New 10' x 12' HFGH

Vamptoo
18 years ago

I got my Harbor Freight catalog today. There is a 10' x 12' Greenhouse in there for $699. It's just like our 6' x 8' one only bigger.

Sure wish I had me one!!!!!!!!

Cindy

Comments (34)

• agardenstateof_mind
    18 years ago

OK, all we've gotta do is find someone who really wants our 6x8's in spring ...

• orchiddude
    18 years ago

Get a bigger one, you will wish you did.

• milwdave
    18 years ago

UH OH.....Cindy?

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER.....LOL

Dave
    Milwaukee

• agardenstateof_mind
    18 years ago

Sure wish I could, but I'd have to remove a 50-foot tall, 6.5-foot diameter oak and probably give up or relocate the koi pond ... possibly the veggie garden as well. Living on a smaller suburban lot, in a wooded area, imposes certain limitations.

• weebus
    18 years ago

Don't go there Orchidude, there is a mob mentallity surrounding hte HFGH...LOL

• orchiddude
    18 years ago

Thanks Weebus, I think I remember some of that. LOL

My lips are closed.

• Vamptoo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, here is a shocker. The DH looked at it in the catalog last night and said he thought I should order it and set it up beside the 2 small ones. I just stood there with my jaw flopping on the floor. He said I should use the 2 small ones for my seedlings and the big one for everything else. My heart was racing and my mind was whirling with the possibilities.

The price is right and such but I have to consider the extra heat bill in the winter. It would probably raise my heat bill by about $200 a month for 3 months. Well worth it to me of course but I have to consider the budget. Oh man, what to do, what to do!!!!

Cindy

• celticgarden
    18 years ago

I didn't see it on their web site...Is it just in a print catalog?

• agardenstateof_mind
    18 years ago

Apparently they update their website on the first day of each month ... so we should see it then.

Di

• mylu
    18 years ago

Now how much $#$% did I get last year when I said you'll wish you have a bigger g/h?

To be childish for a brief moment... Told ya so....:)

• Vamptoo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ahhh, but if I remember correctly I said that of course we all want a bigger one. We just couldn't afford it. This one is affordable.

Now I want to see pics of what others have done with their 10' x 12' greenhouses and see what the possibilities are.

Cindy

• agardenstateof_mind
    18 years ago

Amen, Cindy.

• milwdave
    18 years ago

Hi Cindy:

Since I don't have their catalog can you give me the specifics on that model? I'm primarily interested in the height. Also anything else you can glean from the catalog would be most welcome....Thanks

Dave
    Milwaukee

• Vamptoo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Dave,

Unfortunately the catalog doesn't say anything but 10' x 12'. Dan says it would have to be taller than our 6' x 8' ones though and cited some engineer type explanation. He guestimates 9' or 10' at the peak. For anyone that wants to call Harbor Freight the catalog number of the item is 93358-0BXA.

Cindy

• Vamptoo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I just got an email from a guy who called HF and the greenhouse is 10' x 12' with a 10' 7/8" peak height and a 4 1/2 ' sliding door.

Now I really want one!!!

Cindy

• elle8b
    18 years ago

I am suprised I didn't see this on Headline News, they must be slacking off. Are there any left, am I too late to get mine? DH says order now.

• conifers
    18 years ago

That's cool!

How many vents does it have?

Dax

• milwdave
    18 years ago

Ya know ya want it Cindy....I'm considering it myself. You can always use the old one for sowing seed in Spring and leave it unheated the rest of the year

Dave

• Vamptoo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The DH is talking about it as if the decision is made that I'm getting it. I'm not going to argue with him.

Using the small one for seedlings is exactly what I was thinking too.

I need to do some planning now and unfortunately there is a huge compost pile where it needs to go so that has to be moved.

cindy

• gardenerwantabe
    18 years ago

I have decide to buy my first greenhouse and while searching the web I found this site. The HFGH sounds like what I"m looking for.I don't have a catalog and only see a 6x8 on their web site. Anyone know how many roof vents this has. Think I will call them Monday morning and get more info. I was thinking about the RION 8.5x12.7 at Sams Club they seem to be cheaper on that model than anyone else on the web but this HFGH is less then half the price of the RION. Anyone know how this one compares to the RION quality wise.Since I'm new to all this I'm looking for advice from those of you who have experience in these matters.

• milwdave
    18 years ago

The 10x12 is a new item so no one probably has one yet. I, Like Cindy' have 2 6x8's and I couldn't be more pleased.

Dave
    Milwaukee

• gardenerwantabe
    18 years ago

I called Harbor Freight today and the 10X12 is on back order until mid February. They are sending me a new catalog Looks like I wont get one of those until too late for spring. I have two small greenhouses with grow lights and heat mats in the house and have Tomatoes and million bells through the soil now. I need to get something for outdoors to put these in when they are a little bigger. Want to use the ones in the house to start some more plants.

• conifers
    18 years ago

gardenerwantabe,

Did you find out how many vents it has?

Thanks,

Dax

• darrellsc
    18 years ago

The new 10 x 12 GH has four roof vents and its peak height is 10' 7/8". I have to have one.

• milwdave
    18 years ago

LOL...HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Dave
    Milwaukee

• yellowseven
    18 years ago

Anyone have a picture of this thing? Maybe someone has access to a scanner and can scan the catalog....or at least take a pic of it in the catalog with your camera phone...LOL. I really want to see this thing.

• Vamptoo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Unfortunately the pic in the catalog is not even an inch square.

I can tell you I am drooling at the mouth to have one of these.

Ok, so what would you do if you have the 10' x 12' one??? How would you arrange it, what would you grow in it? Pots and containers or earth boxes or the combo?

I think I'm gonna go mark off the measurements to see how much space it really is, I think it's growing in my mind!!!!

Cindy

• casadelgatos
    18 years ago

I read a post from someone who was asking about their new portable greenhouses and they posted the address of the seller. Well, when I went exploring that website, they have what seems to be the identical HFGH that so many folks know and love. At least it seems they have the same dimensions.

So imagine my surprise when I found a 10X12X10 one from the same folks. The dimensions are exactly what HF gave me on the phone the other day for the new larger GH. Although these guys price is significantly higher, at least the picture is very impressive. Based on this, I am going to go ahead and give HF my order!

(I wonder if they are buying from HF and re-selling?)

Casa Del Gatos

Here is a link that might be useful: Click on the pic for a bigger one!

• Vamptoo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh wow! I'm in love. Is it tall enough for a banana plant do you think?

Cindy

• milwdave
    18 years ago

maybe a dwarf one Cindy....I like it too. I see a new Greenhouse in my future...hehehe.

Dave
    Milwaukee

• gardenerwantabe
    18 years ago

I just ordered one today and from what the tech at harbor freight told me the picture in this thread is not the same one.
    The one in the picture looks like it has two sliding doors HF tells me it has a single' hinged door
    Greenhouse is 120"W X 122"L X 120"H side wall is 84"
    Item # 93358-obxa $699.99 plus $ 49.95 shipping and it will come by truck too heavy for UPS
    On back order until FEB.3 takes two to three weeks shipping and trucking company will call 48 hours before to arrange a delivery time.

• Vamptoo
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I am so jealous!!! Take lots of pics putting it together for those of us who are getting one too. (We hope)

Cindy

• gardenerwantabe
    18 years ago

Well first I will have to figure out how to post pictures on this site. I just bought a new digital camera so I will take some pictures of the construction.
    If I don't put them here I can post them on the same site where I have pictures of my Corvette show car. I know how to upload pictures to that site.
    I was going to order two of them and put them end to end like several have done with the 6x8 but I just ordered one if it is not big enough I can order another one.
    My wife is the one that is into flowers I just do the grunt work for her. Between building the greenhouse and getting my car ready for the shows in the spring is going to keep me busy.
    All the wife will do with this is grow flowers from seed. I built her a water garden and it has flowers all around the ponds and it is pretty in the summer.
    Last few years I spent about $1000.00 a year at the local nursery for annuals to plant in the water garden plus all the perennials. The greenhouse will save enough to pay for itself besides the wife loves to grow them.

• catherinet
    18 years ago

Gardenerwantabe..........I hope your wife appreciates your "grunt work"! Sounds like you make some really nice things possible for her!

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor