Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pushindirt

Want to buy plans

pushindirt
13 years ago

I'm looking for plans for a specific type of greenhouse.

I want a half garden shed, half "Glass" greenhouse with windows not plastic. .

Not too big. Maybe 10-16'x 16-24'.

Any place sell plans like this or close to it? Thanks,

Dave

Comments (5)

• kudzu9
    13 years ago

When I was thinking of building my own GH, I only found one set of plans for sale and those were not what you want (and are no longer available anyway). You will probably have to design your own. Here is a link to some free plans, and maybe you can use some of the plan details to put together what you want.

Here is a link that might be useful: GH plans

• hdcochran
    13 years ago

I built a 12x12 greenhouse with a 12x12 pottery studio attached to (8 on 12) gable end using my own plans (but with twin-wall poly rather than glass). Used pressure treated lumber. 4x4 post and beam construction with 2x4 studs and rafters on 2' centers. The two difficult parts were 48x84" door (laminated 1x4 frame) and 24x96" vent (laminated 1x2 frame). I used 2" styrofoam insulation between kneewall and studio wall studs.

You might need stronger or more closely spaced rafters and studs to support glass (and snow). Why not poly? It's lighter weight, better insulating, and easier to install.

If you're interested, I can send sketches and photos.

• pushindirt
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the help.
    The reason I want glass is:
    1. Longevity
    2. I don't like the smell of poly especially when it gets hot
    3. Easy to clean with a strong solution.
    4. Easy to get mold and such off of it.
    5. Stronger
    6. Just looks nicer, will blend in with the house better.
    7. Quieter in the wind
    8. I can paint the glass or put anti-glare stick on it during the summer to cut heat instead of a huge blanket over it.
    I had a few more reasons but can't think of them. I guess I just like glass. It's classy and maybe something old fashioned or nostalgic about it.
    Thanks. Maybe I will hire someone to draw up plans for me of a really classy shed/greenhouse.
    When I do, I'll post it for you guys.
    Thanks.
    Dave

• slimwilly
    13 years ago

Pushindirt,

I am finshing drafting my scale plans for a small (8 x 10) wood greenhouse that I have designed based on the input from so many knowledgeable folks here on the forums (yes I am a long time lurker :P). I am sort of a drafting geek and love drafting everything from shops, sheds, homes, and most recently GHs. I do it for fun and would offer any help I could if it helps you on your way. Some sort of prelim sketch or discussion through email would work for me. Together I am sure we could come up with a 90% solution to what you want to accomplish. Let me know :)

Troy

• tsmith2579
    13 years ago

Look at these from UGA

Here is a link that might be useful: Plans

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus