Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zubababy

HFGH local sale

zubababy
16 years ago

i looked in our local HF mailing (utah) and saw that the 10 x 12 is only 599. and the 6 x 8 is 299. plus they had a coupon for 15% off of one item.

so i picked up my 10 x 12 for 545.00 including tax.

i won't be able to put it up right away, but i'm very excited to get it up within the next couple months.

i've been reading lots of tips out there on alterations... thanks for all the posts and pictures of how - to's

zuba

Comments (8)

• greenhouser
    16 years ago

Hi and glad to hear you're another "greenhouser." :)

• funnylady
    16 years ago

Yes it's a good deal. I already have one HF 10X12 and am going to try to hook them together so I have a 10X24 greenhouse. DH thinks I'm crazy but it's not the first time he has thought that. I have 3 greenhouses already and he thinks that I don't need anymore BUT I have no more room and these greenhouses are nice and tall for all my orchids. I also have the HF 6x8 and a Julian greenhouse 7X9 but they are both very short. I put all of then together by myself, and I bet I can do this one also.
    I retired in March and if I have a day when I'm not in the greenhouses I feel like it's a lost day.
    Good luck. There are alot of good post on here to help you get the GH together. I got my first one when they first came out and the directions were terrible. But I have the experience of putting one together already. I'm one of these people that can usually figure things out and can get thing together.

• mudhouse_gw
    16 years ago

Good for you, that's what I paid for mine last fall as well! (Then I had to let it "age" in the box for a while.) Our is up now and still in progress...hopefully ready for my plants in late October. It's a shame the manual is so awful, but I still think the quality of the kit is very good for the price.

Zuba, you might check the contents of your kit against the parts list, just to be sure it's all there. Ours was complete, but there have been a few posts here from people who were missing parts, and if you discovered it early, you might be able to just swap kits at your local HF store. When you take the panels out, be sure to leave them out of the hot sun so the plastic covering doesn't fuse to the polycarbonate.

Funnylady, three greenhouses is an inspiration! My mother looked at our HF 10x12 and said, "well, if you fill this one up, I think you'd just better stop buying plants." I wish she could see your set up! ;-)

Sheri
    Building our Harbor Freight 10x12

• zubababy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks for your comments
    mudhouse i already have that site marked on my favorites :)
    now i just have to wait 'till the tree guy comes and trims our massive willow tree so that i can set it up.... i will check the contents soon though.
    zuba

• rjinga
    16 years ago

I looked on HF online store, and the prices are different...How does one find the price you got? I wonder if I were to call them, if they would honor that price?

Do you actually have a local retail store near you? or did you order online?

I really want one of these.

thanks for the info

• mudhouse_gw
    16 years ago

The prices between the website and retail stores don't always agree. In my case, the website showed the sale price, but when we drove to our local store, they didn't have it on sale. I showed the employee a printout of the sale price on the internet, and gave them my discount coupon, and they agreed to honor both, no problem.

I don't know if it would work in the reverse with the website, however. Sure couldn't hurt to ask!

• zubababy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

rjinga
    i looked online when i got the add and the online price was not as good.
    there is a local store where i live, and i get their mailings that showed the better sale price.
    i would check to see if you have a local store in your area that may have the sale.
    the sale in this area is going on until sept 24

• persiancat_gardener
    16 years ago

I just bought mine last week. Now to get it up......