Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pelicanhead

FYI Remote weather station

C Schaffner
16 years ago

Big Lots has wireless remote temperature weather stations with alarm and clock on sale for 12.99. I got one, I figured I could check it out for the price.

Comments (7)

• rosepedal
    16 years ago

Menards had them sunday 12.99 with a 5 dollar mail in rebate. 7.99 not bad too.

• rosepedal
    16 years ago

I hate when I do that. I also meant to say. They had nice handles for the hfgh for 98 cents a piece and they come with the screws too. Two bucks and a chain and lock and you can lock your gh up. Our neighbors are very nosy. They like coming around when we are not home. I know this because my other neighbor tells us when they do it. Quite a few of our plants are growing in their yard. They used to take them when we used this as a cabin only and we were not around all the time. At least they take care of them but all they had to do is ask and I would have given them to them. That is why I want to lock my gh up. Barb

• mudhouse_gw
    16 years ago

Those are good prices, and a good way to find out if the remote ones will work in your situation without risking a lot of $$$.

You're a kinder person than I am, Barb...if my neighbors did that, I would call them worse things than nosy...the word thief comes to mind! :-0 It's a shame you have to deal with that situation.

The previous owners of our house had a radio taken from a vehicle while in the driveway, and an old farm implement used as a landscaping accent also disappeared. So, I do think about theft. Seems like no neighborhood is guaranteed safe anymore. :-(

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

Sounds like you guys need to save your money, instead of buying a remote weather station, and get a shotgun.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. (-:

• rosepedal
    16 years ago

If you only knew brandon..... We have those cameras you place on trees for wildlife. The only problem is they are film. When we went to have them developed. The neighbors were in them. I could have pressed charges but I am trying to keep the peace and be the bigger person. Sometimes in life you need to turn the other cheek......Life is too short

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

Not sure if this would work, but what if you told them that you had had problems with people being on your property that weren't supposed to be there and just wondered if they would mind keeping an eye out. Tell them that you were asking all the other neighbors to do the same so that you might catch the trespassing varmints. That way you are being nice but letting them know there's a problem. I might even go so far as to tell them I was thinking about putting in a surveillance/alarm system and ask them if they had any ideas about where to get one.

• rosepedal
    16 years ago

The cheapest thing I got for my gh. Do you ever notice everytime you go to buy something for the gh it is always at least a hundred dollars. Ouch.... They are zinc plated no rust. We found attic a fan that can be mounted horizontly for 60 dollars and a louver for 30. There you go almost another 100 dollars.

{{gwi:310057}}

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES