Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seattlemarigene

WANTED: Does anyone still grow Highbrow or French Lilac?

seattlemarigene
15 years ago

I used to grow those 2 varieties back in the 80's when I first started with violets...I have been looking for these on different sites with no luck...marigene

Comments (9)

• irina_co
    15 years ago

Marigene - i googled around -
    French Lilac
    http://www.thevioletcarousel.com/salespage.htm

but Highbrow seems to be gone. It was not even registered, the only mention I found was on Steve Reed site- but he doesn't carry it now. Barbara Elkin is in charge of the AVSA most wanted list, you can get in touch with her if she knows anything. I think you reach her through the AVSA committes option.

Good Luck

Irina

• seattlemarigene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks so much...I am happy to hear one of my favorite oldies is available.I have several oldies I got from a lady in our violet club.I have chenille,penguin,little white swan,little axel,and Lady Loreta....I keep shareing babies with people...:0)...marigene

• User
    15 years ago

Hi Marigene, I know Karin of Blossoms,Birds and Butterflies carries French Lilac. Her website is www.Blossoms,Birds and Butterflies.com. She is very reliable and guarantees her plants. Just tell her the davioletman referred you and she will take care of you.

I am not sure if anyone has Highbrow. You may want to try AV Brat Pack or Violet Reflections. These forums have alot of long time growers there that may have one or leaves to spare. If nothing else, you'll have fun reading the different topics. I have been growing for a long time and still learn something new from these folks.

Good luck with your search.

Dave

• seattlemarigene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks Dave..I had never heard of the AV Brat Pack...sounds interesting...:0)...marigene

• irina_co
    15 years ago

Marigene -

they are fabulous!

I.

• angel2008
    15 years ago

I have some starters/leaves of French Lilac I could send you one in spring. If you are still interested. Corinne (The Violet Carousel)

• seattlemarigene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Corinne I emailed you last week about french lilac.I would very much to buy some leaves in the spring..thanks.my email is marigenecole@aol.com......:0)

• seattlemarigene
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Drats I emailed Corinne about getting french lilac and she has downsized to mini's and isnt even sure she has this oldie....and I cant get the site for Karin to work..Does anyone else have French Lilac????..marigene

• halofive
    15 years ago

if you have not found it yet, i believe i still have a french lilac somewhere on my shelves. let me know and i'll take a look :)

brenda

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus