Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ocbrian

Heirloom or Rogue Valley?

Brian
14 years ago

I don't see sizes on Heirloom's website. Do all their roses come as bands? And if so, which bands are larger, heirloom or Rogue Valley? Vintage & Roses Unlimited don't have the roses I want in stock and need to buy a gift even though it's not the best time to buy roses.

Comments (7)

• katefisher
    14 years ago

All the roses I have purchased from Heirloom have been bands. I don't think they do have another size available for mail order anyway. I am a relatively new Rogue Valley Roses client so can't speak to how theirs do in the long haul. But I can tell you I have been buying roses from Heirloom for several years now. Purchases having been made throughout the course of the growing season and all with good results. I bought I think a Cl. Iceberg in August last year and not only was it in good shape when it arrived but took off very nicely. Doing awesome this year in fact. I don't think you can go wrong with Heirloom in my experience.

Kate

• greenhaven
    14 years ago

I have had excellent results with both RVR and Heirloom bands. You are well off either way.

• msjam2
    14 years ago

I buy roses from Heirloom every year, they are great. I only bought a couple of roses from Rogue Valley once, both are good vendors.

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

I think it depends more on what roses you want to pick than the size of what you will receive. They seem to have different rose selections.

I just got my order from RVR today. Nice bands but compairable in size to the others I have gotten this year from Heirlom and Vintage.

• kstrong
    14 years ago

They both sell bands, and both have bands that are on the small side. Vintage and Ashdown bands are both bigger than either of these two.

BTW, If buying from Heirloom, don't do it now. Get on their email list and wait for the last weekly sale of the summer -- last year it was July 16 to 23 -- when they offer free shipping. That'll save you $4 bucks a plant.

• gnabonnand
    14 years ago

I received a band rose from Rogue Valley this spring.
    It was a healthy plant, well packaged, and is doing well.
    Extremely good customer service!
    But it is smaller than the band roses I received from Vintage.

If Vintage does not have the rose I want, and Rogue Valley does, I wouldn't hesitate ... I'd order from Rogue Valley again.

Of course, if available, I love the gallon-sized roses from Roses Unlimited and the 2 gallon-sized roses from The Antique Rose Emporium.

Randy

• maele
    14 years ago

Well, here is my experience with both. I have ordered from Heirloom twice. In April my bands were smaller than in June, and I can report that at least the April ones are doing great! The june ones are new still but look good.
    I was surprised at the teeny tiny size of the RVR bands I received today, but they will probably do fine, they look ok. I did think they would be a little more established. They are so small, that I don't think they are ready for the 2gallon pots I had prepared for them, I think I will leave them in the band pots for a little while.
    I also ordered from Northland Rosarium, and those bands are doing great, too. Except I think I should have pruned them or at least disbudded, as they are very tall now, blooming, and falling over. Pretty sure it's my fault and not the vendor though.
    Good luck!