Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittymoonbeam

Wonderful Fall Flush for Huntington Roses

kittymoonbeam
10 years ago

The weather has been cooler and I have been getting some good looking roses so when I heard Santa Ana winds were coming, I went to the Huntington. Woo Hoo they are having just about the best fall flush ever. The roses look great. All the leaves in good health with plenty of flowers everywhere. Some of the bushes were covered but almost every plant had something to see. The Antiques made some great growth this year and are looking fine. It should be a great spring for them next year. Roses are moving in next door into the perennial garden and are looking good. That garden always looked a little confused to me but the roses are helping give it a lift. But the main rose garden is completely transformed. Everything looks so good right now. It looks like spring.

In other news, the front of the Huntington is all torn up. Big fences, equipment and trees in boxes during construction of the new entrance area. Feels very strange not to have the familiar path through the trees to the entrance anymore. But the new temporary entrance walkway has a happy row of roses so all in all it was a lovely rosy afternoon with clouds and sun and cool breezes.

Comments (22)