Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mariava7

H. Blushing Bride

mariava7
17 years ago

It's very hard for me to leave with all these amaryllises blooming. I'm sharing them with you guys to enjoy.

{{gwi:442413}}

Wedding Dance and one of the South African Doubles will open it's bloom any day soon. I hope they wait for me.

Comments (27)

• jeromej13
    17 years ago

That's very pretty.

• mariava7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes it is Jeromej. It's petals has these crepe like texture and the color is pale baby pink. Definitely not like their pics in the internet or tag.

• cindeea
    17 years ago

What's your address, I will gladly come babysit for wine!

• paxfleur
    16 years ago

This is why I thought Angelique looked so similr to Blushing Bride....the color on Blushing Bride appears very delicate and lightish pink, not the dark pink portrayed through pictures online. =)

• soultan
    16 years ago

My Blushing Bride was definitely darker. No white in it. I bought it planted with original Hadeco tag.

• paxfleur
    16 years ago

Hmmm.....so do you mean that Maria's Blushing Bride maybe false? The only reason why I thought Angelique was so similar to Blushing Bride was because of Maria's pictures of Blushing Bride (Which btw....are stunning!). I lean towards not really looking at pictures provided by growers/sellers because most of the photos they provide have been altered or tweaked versus pictures provided by people who actually grow and take pictures of the varieties they grow seem all the more realistic and true. Did you ever take pictures of your Blushing Bride, Soultan?

• mariava7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This came with Hadeco tag too. :-) Remember, different growing conditions can cause color variations. Let's wait this spring when my Blushing Bride wakes up.

• paxfleur
    16 years ago

Thank you Maria for confirming that your Blushing Bride is also confirmed with a Hadeco tag. I would love to see your BB when it wakes up in Spring. All the other Blushing Bride 'commercial' pictures online make it seem more like a darker pink but your pictures captured it truly, as a blushing pink which I found really intriguing! Thanks for sharing. =)

• soultan
    16 years ago

I wish I had some pictures taken, but I did not do pictures in the first year of collecting, so I will have to wait for the next bloom.
    Crops can differ from year to year. My Blushing Bride was from the 2006(5) crop. Also, depending on growing conditions, colors can differ. I remember that my Blushing Bride was quite pink. I even thought it was Candy Floss first, then my Candy Floss flowered this year, and I am more than sure that the two of them completely different.
    I like the blushing aspects too. The same with Angelique... I like colors and paint brush colorations more than veins or stripes. I can't wait to have my Blushing Bride to bloom for me again. We have moved to a new house and it is in a new growing environment now. It will be interesting to see if the color intensity recedes or stays as strong as it was the first year for me.

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

All I can say is that Maria's Blushing Bride is very, very beautiful... it looks soft and feminine, like part of a bridal bouquet...

• mariava7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes it is very pretty "in person". Delicate color, rounded shaped petals and has this crepe like texture to it's petals.

I will have a surprise for you guys in a few days... ;-)

• paxfleur
    16 years ago

Ooohhhh, can you tell us the surprise now!?!!? I'm excited!!!! =)

• mariava7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The Blushing Bride (BB) before the wedding...

One characteristic of BB is the "ballooned" flower buds. Just like the other "round face" flowered varieties.

{{gwi:442414}}

{{gwi:442415}}

Take a peak...
    {{gwi:442416}}

She is quite shy.
    {{gwi:442417}}

But slowly presents herself...
    {{gwi:442418}}

In preparation for her wedding tomorrow...
    {{gwi:442419}}

I have to work tomorrow, sorry. I'll try to present the bride on her wedding day this weekend. See ya!

• dizzy77
    16 years ago

Oh Maria! She is a STUNNER! And the photography is superb! I Love the way it tells a story with each pic.

• mariava7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Dizzy. She sure is a pretty bride. An OLD one though...lol. Blushing Bride according to Veronica Read is Hadeco's oldest pink variety registered in 1962. Can you believe that?

I will take some pics this morning before I take off for work.

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

It's a beauty, Maria, that's for sure! It was registered a year after I was born! That's amazing... to think that the variety has been around that long, and it's still one that everyone wants in their collections! I know I want one!

I don't have Veronica Read's book... does anyone know what the first few registered varieties were? I'm curious... I know these flowers were very popular in Victorian times... I read that somewhere...

• soultan
    16 years ago

Maria, you are starting to get creative and stunningly better on your photography. A real improvement!

• paxfleur
    16 years ago

Reaally nice! But am I the only one who prefers a more natural backdrop for pictures? I like to see the windows, the forest, the grass, etc as the background for these kinds of pictures....for some reason it seems more natural to me. Either way though, BB is stunning and look at her fat buds!!! Beautiful. =)

• soultan
    16 years ago

I prefer these kind of pictures. I like when the picture concentrates on the characteristics of the flower.

• mariava7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jodi...BB for me is one of the most delicate flowered varieties. Very feminine...thus the name. KVB had them but are already sold out.

Soultan...Of the hundreds of pics I have taken of my flowers, I am kinda getting bored of the usual front, close-up, group pic I get of the ammies. Now that they are blooming one at a time, I get to appreciate each flower better. This will be hard to do in spring when I would have at least a dozen blooming at the same time. It is amazing how every flower has it's own characteristic or a story to tell. :-)

Pax...I like natural backgrounds too. But I have no pretty backgrounds right now. The garden outside is bare and the trees leafless. The background that I am using right now are cheap poster boards...3 for $1. They hide the clutter inside my house too...lol! In a way, this pics are still natural. Nothing is altered. Just me, the flower and the camera...

• mariava7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

the blush...
    {{gwi:442420}}

the shyness...
    {{gwi:442422}}

the purity...
    {{gwi:442425}}

the Blushing Bride on her wedding day...
    {{gwi:442427}}

• salpal
    16 years ago

Maria WOW! Wonderful pictures! Tell me, are all those scapes on that last one from Blushing Bride?

• mariava7
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Salpal...I wish they were. BB so far has produced 2 scapes as you can see in the very first pic. These scapes are from different bulbs grouped together in the pic except for the one right in front of BB flower which is it's other scape.

• paxfleur
    16 years ago

Wow Maria, really really awesome! =) And you're expecting many many more blooms from different varieties I see! Awww, the blushing bride sure had a lot of guests at her wedding. I enjoy your pictures very much and love the personal touches of backgrounds of people's windows, furniture, garden, etc and was just worried that you were going to completely convert to 100% solid backgrounds. Either way though, your flowers are gorgeous and I'll enjoy them completely! =) Thank you so much for sharing.

• salpal
    16 years ago

Well the others look happy to be there... it's a great series of pictures.(like a story)

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

Maria... just wonderful! Excellent pictures! I especially like the one with all the buds grouped together!

While I prefer a natural backdrop, Maria is right... I hate to show the clutter in my tiny apartment! Usually, my photos show the window and other plants surrounding the focal flower. I'm afraid to move my plants to photograph them for fear of breaking a scape or stem or leaf!

Blushing Bride is just lovely, though... another for the infamous wish list!

• Noni Morrison
    16 years ago

What a great and wonderful spread of pictures to enjoy this morning! First time I have been able to sit down long enough in the past few days!

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions