Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
atmccmn

A newbie

atmccmn
16 years ago

Hi all, I'm a newbie and also an oldie. Rather new to this forum but I have been growing broms. for about 10 years.The early years were pretty much of trial and errors but has been seriously bitten by brom bug in recent years. Broms are hard to come by in my locality.

I have attached a link of my collections for your viewing pleasure. Photos from you guys is an inspiration to me. Here's my contribution back!

Mostly are Tillandsias.

Hope you all like them especially gonzer.

Cheers

Here is a link that might be useful: My collection

Comments (18)

• Patris
    16 years ago

I'd say you have been bitten for sure. Wonderful collection and great photos.
    Welcome to the forum!!
    Patris

• catkim
    16 years ago

Wow! Fabulous collection and beautiful display. What is the name of the colorful bamboo you grow? Congratulations on keeping track of all the names, that's not always so easy.

• stephania
    16 years ago

Hi Andy (^_^)
    I'm your neighborhood. What a great bromeliad garden you have,
    love your Tillandsia display and also staghorn fern collection.

• bromeliaddict
    16 years ago

Great collection and great photos! Thanks for sharing!
    Paul

• minibim
    16 years ago

Never seen or heard of Huperzia phlegmaria, but that is phenomenal. How many years did it take to reach that size? Your blooming Tils are beautiful also.

• treehaus
    16 years ago

I like your Huperzias and lycopodiums! wow!

• avane_gw
    16 years ago

Beautiful pictures of beautiful plants!!! My favourite is your Neoreglias. Thanks for sharing them! Japie

• User
    16 years ago

What an amazing collection, fabulous! An impressive array of Tills for sure but your Platy's are show-stoppers. With more time later I can inspect more closely but for now, "Thanks" for sharing.

• LisaCLV
    16 years ago

Love the Platyceriums! I don't know why more people wouldn't be growing bromeliads in your area-- you've certainly got the perfect climate for them, they look great!

• hotdiggetydam
    16 years ago

Beautiful plants and photo's. I have never seen Neo 'all aglow' grow that color before

• mike4284m
    16 years ago

Your pictures are great! I'm a huge fan of Platy's so those were nice to see.

• neonut
    16 years ago

I'll give you an A+ rating for your Tills, an A++ for your Neos and a A+++ for your garden setting and photography. Wonderful stuff.

Sorry about the low rating for the Tills but I am trying to resist becoming too attracted to them as I haven't enough space for any more broms in my yard. Some of those clumps almost made me give you an extra plus but I resisted the temptation.

From your neo pics I gather that you have a liking for varigations. You certainly have some beauties there.

• hotdiggetydam
    16 years ago

I did some checking and Malayasia isnt as strict on imports as many countries are. You have to apply for a license each time you import being specific of what you are importing

• max838
    16 years ago

Beauty planted,Beautiful photo ,Really excellent

• bob740
    16 years ago

Hi Andy,
    I'm thinking the same things everyone above me said.
    Great show !
    Welcome to GW too,
    Bob

• junglefever
    16 years ago

Hi Andy,
    I'm also in your neighborhood. :-)

• atmccmn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks guys for your positive feedback. Very much appreciated. Photos from you guys are equally as good!

Neo picts. from Lisa made me start my brom fever again. Couldn't resist the colors of your Neos. Stephania, you have an impressive spiny collections. Unfortunately, the microclimate at my place doesn't allow me to plant a lot of this spiny beauties. Otherwise, I will be pestering after you, since we are neighbours. :-))

Gonzer, both of us share the same interest, Tillandsias. Particulary love your tectorum specimen in your previous post.

Yes Neonut, you got me there. I am really into variegated form of broms. To the least, I still can see some variegation patterns eventough the colors doesn't develope well under shade.

Catkim, that is Crytostachys renda or rather red sealing wax palm. Yes it is an uphill task especially when we get an unlabelled plant.

• catkim
    16 years ago

Andy, is it? It dawned on me after posting, that "bamboo" had to be Cyrtostachys renda. So beautiful, but will never grow here in Southern California, unfortunately. Feel free to post more photos any time!!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting