Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrpaul

pictures (including my new cat cage!)

Msrpaul
17 years ago

OK, just a few more spring pics...and the new caterpillar cage I made...I'm so proud of myself! (believe me, it took hours!)

Here is a link that might be useful: pics

Comments (13)

• susanlynne48
    17 years ago

Outstanding, Paul! You and Cathy need to start a butterfly cage business!

What clemmie is that in the photo?

Susan

• angie83
    17 years ago

Wow very nice cage.

• MissSherry
    17 years ago

That's fantastic!
    MissSherry

• Msrpaul
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No clue....I put the one on the trellis (blue) when I first built the house, and as usual, over time, I lose the tags. I'm really terrible with names!

Clematis really don;t take the heat well, and here they're already starting to die back, even the morning sun....I read that if you take a large pot, dig a hole in the ground, invert the pot, and put the growing crown in the hole-and cover it, that it sill stay cool......neat idea.

• susanlynne48
    17 years ago

Yes, clematis does like it's roots cool and in the shade. That's why they grow so well planted with shrubs. I usually either mulch heavily, or cover them with stone pavers. In your zone, though, I imagine it would be even more difficult to grow them, but it sure is pretty, Paul!

Susan

• tdogmom
    17 years ago

Wow, Paul! Now that is truly an impressive cage. :) I bet there are folks out there who do a CAT CAGE search and will come across this as a link and think, "What the heck?! I don't see anythink that remotely resembles a cat in these pictures!" tee-hee!

• Msrpaul
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tdog...LMBFAO! Especially since I have kitty cats!

• napapen
    17 years ago

The clematis looks like cezanne. How big is that cage? Looks like it could hold small horses!

Penny

• Msrpaul
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Penny...hee hee! ....but it barely holds me! I bought 48" nylon screen from Lowe's, and made a frame 48" high so I could wrap around and staple. I keep a lot of live plants in there.

• mcronin
    17 years ago

Paul,

Loved your pictures-Monarch habitat,clematis, passionflower, all your container plantings, such healthy looking plants in your butterfly garden, AND OF COURSE YOUR MASTERPIECE-THE CAT CAGE. Can't wait to get more shots of your evolving garden. I'm esp. curious to see how your paths are working out.

Any luck with your search for some solution for your health issue?

mike

• Msrpaul
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Mike.....thanks! I'm going to take some pictures from the 3rd floor....I hired someone new to do the pond...it's almost done...he's done a fabulous job.....but at a price that was not too long ago my annual salary OUCH .

No luck....I think I know more than the Dr's do.....I recently went to Duke for a test....all clean. But that doesn't stop the pain. Still working on it. Any suggestions for a good gut Dr?

PS I just made my first order to the nursery you reccomended..his prices are extremely reasonable. Awaiting my first shipment.

• napapen
    16 years ago

more questions Do the cats as they form pupas hung on the screening? Are you mixing different species of cats in the cage. When you clean do you just move it over or does it have a bottom? What is the zippered door from?

Thanks Penny

• elaineoz
    16 years ago

Now, that is quite an impressive cage!

Wow, I can see the work you put into it.

Elaine

Sponsored