Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
curiositykat

rinsing leaves, Anyone else experienced this?

curiositykat
11 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlU9fL0ILYM&feature=youtu.be

I lost 1/3 to 1/2 of my cecropia cats after around 15-30 minuets of adding fresh leaves. They are still currently dying... I pulled pretty much all the food and replaced it as soon as I realized something was wrong. They started throwing up and spazzing out. Anyone else ever experience something like this? The pesticide was misquito-be-gone or something. I cut them from my parents yard when I was visiting, but they were not around otherwise i would of asked if they had sprayed anything. Didn't really think they sprayed since I cut some last week from there and it was fine. Then it has been raining so much lately.

Also question: How effective is rinsing before hand? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I didn't this time and learned my lesson. I have been raising them for 3 years and never had an issue like this. Is rinsing really effective at removing pesticides or are there some it can not remove? I either get my leaves from my parents yard or from walk trails around my apartment and university.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!