Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

ot:potd: here is what i got at my farmers market on saturday

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

So let me try to brighten your day too. Because I am truly enjoying all the pictures everyone has been posting of all your beauties.

{{gwi:526928}}From POTD forAugust '09

I wanted this one since last spring. I love the colors on it . But I have been putting it off.

When I went to the nursery out in Briggs and said again no not this time...I guess the plant heard me and came to ME ha ha I could not believe it when I saw the guy from the nursery at our farmers market lol Briggs is hmmm about 20 or 30 or so, minutes from here. Not sure of the time. So I HAD TO!!!

Don't you think?

lol

Hope you will have a great find today. Maybe it is something you have not seen in a while? Or something new blooming?

Maybe you even have time to share it with us.

Hugs

Lucy

Comments (14)

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Good Morning Lucy,
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Beautiful Flower. I know it can't place the name.
    I know the mind is the first to go! :(
    Here one from me:
    {{gwi:526929}}
    Its a Dutchman's Pipe.
    I grow it from a little seed, aint it cute!
    Big Hugs
    Dorothy

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dorothy that is AMAZING!!! I tell you, every time I grow something myself from seeds and see the results..I am amazed that I DID THAT!!

so glad you have this special plant to share with us...thank you friend

Lucy

• eddiedewayne
    14 years ago

i just love the farmers markets. one never knows what they may find .
    happy gardening and good hunting
    eddie

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Is that a Pride of Barbados? It's beautiful. Dorothy I love you Aristolochia fimbriata. I let mine go dormant over the winter with the brugs and plumies.

Bob pointed me to a great Farmer's Market in Palm Beach the last time I was there. I picked up some beautiful plants as well as some other stuff.

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Wonderful pics girls! Dorothy mine is only half the size of yours.. I grew it too from the seeds of the RR.. I cant believe it is blooming already..Okay give up your secrets.. I was reading they may be hard to get to bloom...

Pretty Lucy I am thinking red bird of paradise caesalpinia pulcherrimia say that three times... lol My tounge wont let me... She is beautiful....

• knotz
    14 years ago

Very pretty Lucy!!

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Barb Pride of Barbados and caesalpinia pulcherrimia are the same thing. lol A. fimbriata is one of the easier Dutchman's Pipevines to get to bloom IMO. The big tropical ones need lots of space and heat.

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Lol that is why I need you! To teach me...hahahah lol you are the best! My online mentor...(((Karyn))) Hugs

• kasha77
    14 years ago

Hi Gang- WOW! I have many baby Pride of Barbados seedlings started, already 3 inches tall- yep- you guessed it- I will hopefully be trading them away for Brugs (my drug of choice!) If anyone is interested please contact me!
    Thanks for sharing! Beautiful photos! You always brighten my day!
    hugs~
    kasha77

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Stay away from drugs just grow brugs....hahahah Kasha I am not busy as you can tell... :)

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

well thank you Karyn and Barb and Karyn for letting me know that they are the same ha ha ha I just googled both names and THEN read your response to Barbs guess lol

I do have the Yellow version also. But I transplanted it and it had died back to almost nothing. Just starting to grow again. But I really love this ones color.

Bought a cactus and a Agave from him on Monday also :-) Hope he knows I am coming back on Saturday ha ha ha ha ha

Lucy

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

Very cool Lucy. I was hoping mine would have seeds this year but none so far. Last year something ate the only pod before it got ripe. Probably a deer, lol. I was looking at them in Houston this weekend thinking about getting another for the house and they were on sale for half price but couldn't get too many things with my trip coming up so I had to leave it there.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kristy it is ok. I bought this one because it HAS a seed pod on it already rofl. I have not seen this one for 15 Dollars anywhere...so I had to buy it. Waiting one season was long enough for me ha ha ha

Lucy

• Central_Cali369
    14 years ago

those are some really neat shrubs! They are just barely starting to become popular here. There's a house down the street that has an enourmous clump of the yellow flowered variety. Two years ago, you could find one every once in a while in a nursery here and there. Now, the big box stores carry them by the hundreds and they're starting to be used a lot. I had two, but because of space issues gave the second one away. Mine is still in bud though.