Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
knotz_gw

Just did a 'head' count

knotz
15 years ago

I just counted how many brugs I have now and want to THANK YOU guys for helping my little forest grow.

I now have 29 different kinds of brugs...When I started I only had 4.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!..Next year this yard will look like a jungle :)

knotz

Comments (13)

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

WOW, Knotz..cant wait to see your jungle in the spring !

I started with two, and now have 16 so I feel soo blessed..although my hubby wont be too happy when I want to bring them all in next fall..LOL ( shhh, lets not tell him till then)

Isnt this the best group of enablers ya have ever seen ??

( oh, yea...I..um...still have a few coming...LOL)

• knotz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ha...I still have a couple coming too and am wondering how I'm going to fit them all in my 8X8 greenhouse next fall..lol...My hubby just shakes his head.

You bet I'll make it happen!!...I'm going to set some around the yard this time...They've always been on the deck since I only had the 4.

Such enablers...lol

• chena
    15 years ago

Never worry about where they will go till they need to go somewhere...LOL just keep getting more!!! ;O)

• amelia_pepper_lady
    15 years ago

I'm ashamed to say how many I've gotten this year. Remember, my son says I am an addict! (And, I'm still colleting peppers...)

I am looking at portable greenhouses since I don't need a GH for very long each year. I've found one that can expand by zipping on another GH!!!! I really want to take a look at one of these. I could add another GH each year and have a GH train!

• lopaka_mikale
    15 years ago

Yeah... I dig the jungle look. My collection is up to 20, after losing two cuttings. When the last pack of four came from Margaret, my wife said "please tell me that's not more plants", followed by "where the heck are they all going to go?"

Wadda ya gonna do?

Bob

• knotz
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thats funny Amelia...lol...Good idea though!!

Bob...Do like I was told by chena:

"Never worry about where they will go till they need to go somewhere...LOL just keep getting more!!! ;O)"

I'm keep telling my hubby that chena...lol

• threas
    15 years ago

Cuttings aren't the problem, it's the full-sized plants they grow into! LOL

Theresa

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Theresa I have nightmares already hahahahaha

Lucy

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

I'm not even going to count mine! Many postage offers,some still rolling in, found one I missed yesterday. Plus bought a cutting collection off of e-bay that sent bonuses. Who knows what will come in SS box. I'm out of pots to put them in once they are rooted. Have been using empty pop/milk jugs with the tops cut off & holes punched in the bottom.Can you here the theme song from "Sanford and Son"? LOL!!!Hubby is about to lose it!!Just think in Jan I start up my Winter Sowing projects, I'll have a jug gehtto in back yard!!! Not sure how much more he'll take....LOL!!!

later...April( I swear IT is a sickness!)

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

LOL After two trades and three members sending me cuttings I went from three brugs to twenty. They are the ones I really wanted too. That was strange they knew what I wanted and I didnt ask for them. My top three are

Brendas beuty
    candida
    wretched mess

I cannot wait for these to bloom. I am sitting on pins and needles with the cuttings. I check on them all the time like a mother hen. LOL I have a really great fiance. We are cutting down my favorite maple today he says I need another gh attached to the old one due to I took up the dining room area. What a great guy! Couldnt ask for a better man than that. My new tool and die maker boss is pretty good man to. How lucky am I a good man at home and a good man to work for. Have a nice weekend everybody...Barb

• ladylotus
    15 years ago

I'm very excited for the upcoming gardening season. I have a large tour in 2010 so I'm very thrilled to see what these cuttings will do. I hope that people will be impressed with the Brugs and I can hook a few like all of you have done for me.

Next Spring I'm going to watch eBay for a few doubles or triples. :)

~Tj~

• chena
    15 years ago

LMAO!!!
    It only gets worse from here!!!
    Kylie

• kasha77
    15 years ago

Yeah!-
    I started out with one Frosty Pink this year. But a GREAT BIG HEARTY THANKS to all my wonderful friends here on Garden Web- I have counted 30 named cuttings, besides the plants that I received for trade & postage.... (and more coming in!) I have a table in the garage of Frosty Pink cuttings that I've started- PLUS- all of my named cuttings (potted up in potting soil) are in my living room west window, starting to sprout! Because I'm concerned of how dry my air gets- I filled my cool mist vaporizer & aimed it at them...it's perfect! They actually look happy! Last year I busied myself with winter sowing- this winter, I'm making plans for a lovely Brug moon garden off my front porch! Again- thank you everyone for helping me enlarge my collection! Next year I hope to be offering tons of cuttings of named varieties!
    Hugs & love~
    Kasha77

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH