Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
queensinfo

Pushing some fruit on Meyer lemon

queensinfo
10 years ago

I have had the plant since spring a d it got off to a slow start due to a large amount of shipping damage. In the last month outside, it has exploded with new growth (and would probably be even better if I could fertilize more regularly). Is there a way to push some flowering so I can leave on a fruit or two for the winter? It is a 3 yo tree and had a couple flowers once it stabilized from shipping.

Comments (3)

• johnmerr
    10 years ago

My experience with my garden Meyers is they tend to flower every time I fertilize them; so I would suggest a good dose of food and maybe application of a foliar fert. as well.

• queensinfo
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have foliage pro, which I believe can be applied foliarly. What do I do. Literally mix with water and spray on leaves? Morning or evening? Funny I just put about 4 tbs of osmocote plus into the pot today. Below is a current pic. If I can find the old thread I will put up the pic from may. Amazing difference.

• johnmerr
    10 years ago

It looks amazing; keep doing what you are doing. Foliage Pro, I think, was originally developed for foliar use; yes just mix with water and spray the plant.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County