Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvmy3afhounds

ot: ***new game*** please play***

luvmy3afhounds
15 years ago

This is a new game I made up. Guess Aleina and Brindei's Birthday!!!

Guess the birthday of Aleina and Brindei.

You only need to guess the month and day...NO year.

I will provide a clue each day at a random time.

No need to sign-up. Just send me one email each day with your three guesses. Joyownbey@aol.com

The game will end Monday at midnite and the last clue will be given Sunday. The person who guesses nearest to the date will win a gift from me. I made this up so I reserve the right to modify rules if needed! LOL!!

Good Luck & Have Fun!!!

Joyce

FIRST CLUE: There are 31 days in the month they were born in.

Comments (95)

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

March 1
    March 2
    march 3

Maybe if I keep going I will get it LOL
    Dorothy

• taz56
    15 years ago

me again!
    3/14
    3/19
    3/21
    Susan

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Don't forget to make your last guess on the 10 questions!

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Trying to guess the 10 questions again
    1. 25
    2. 25
    3. male
    4. 10
    5. 8
    6. sight
    7. yes
    8. true
    9. false

1. faise

Am I any closer??? LOL
    Dorothy

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Sorry I think I messed up something and have no idea what I was typing.
    The guesses I wrote on my paper are
    1. 25
    2. male
    3. 10
    4. siamese cats
    5. 6

Hope I can make corrections...Need to look at what I type. Blame it on old age. LOL
    Sorry
    Dorothy

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    15 years ago

Okay I missed that clue about the God of War LOL!! Omg it is my birth month too lol! Hmmm are your dogs Pisces or Aries? :D
    March 4
    March 5

• jumpin4joy
    15 years ago

March 25,26,28

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

March 23,26 and 27. The birthdays of my family members lol We party hardy all month long. Well...we used to in our youth roflmao

• jumpin4joy
    15 years ago

Sorry I ment to tpye
    March 25,26,27 LOL That is my final anwser.

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Mar 08
    Mar 09
    Mar 29

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

March 03
    March 30
    March 31

• taz56
    15 years ago

10 questions
    2.male
    4.A.rabbits
    6.site
    7.yes
    8.true
    9.true
    10.false
    birthdays
    3/14
    3/19
    3/21
    just guessing, it's fun any way!
    Susan

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You are all getting very, very close to the right answers!!!! On the birthdays there are four people who have one of the dates. No one has both dates yet. This includes emails sent to me directly and posted on the list. If we don't get a winner by Monday night I would like some ideas of what to do with the four people who have guessed one day so far. On the 10 questions the winner so far has 8 of them correct. I had said before the one with the most correct would win. So make your guesses if you haven't yet! It is not too late! Come on you can do it!
    Joyce

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

A draw on who got closest with the second date maybe?

:-)

March 23,March 7, March 30

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    15 years ago

Here's mine for today
    03-16
    03-22
    03-28

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

1. 18
    2. male
    3. 17
    4. A.rabbits
    5. 6
    6. Sight
    7. Yes
    8. True
    9. False

1. False

Trying again
    Dorothy

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Joyce....

You could have a 'bark off' contest for the people that are tied...lmao!!!!

Just imagine:

{{gwi:590887}}

• tropicgirl
    15 years ago

Barely made it by the deadline. Here's my last guesses for the b-days.

March 6
    March 23
    March 30

Thanks Joyce for the game, it was fun.

Deb

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

!%$!@%$#@%!$#%$!#%!%!%$%$
    CONGRATULATIONS DOROTHY!!!! You are the winner of the 10 questions!!! Way to go Yipeee, Yahoo!!!!! You got them all right except number 4. and it should be Siamese Cats.

{{gwi:590889}}

Congrats again and thanks for playing.
    ******On the Birthdays we have four people that have one date correct. They are, MJ, Dorothy, TJ & Amelia. Please make one more guess for the Birthdays. Whoever comes closest to the b-day you did not have correct will win.
    Good Luck to you!!!!
    Joyce

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

crossing my fingers for the 4 of ya. Come on you can do it lol

Dorothy WAY to go!!!

Joyce thanks for adding some fun to our daily routine. I am not suprised I did not do well. I do not remember my own birthday. Let alone others and guessing roflmao I tried thou. Love games.

Lucy

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Hey is was fun.....Thanks Lucy

One more date???????

March 18

Dorothy

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Joyce,
    I started to say S.Cats but most Cat people are not Dog people. LOL
    Dorothy

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Lucy,

One more date?

I guess March 17th...

~MJ

Congrats Dorothy!!!!!

• tropicgirl
    15 years ago

Congrats Dorothy on the 10 Win!!!!

Good luck to the four of you dueling it out on the birthdays. I can't wait to see who guessed the correct dates.

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We are awaiting one of the four finalists answer! I will announce the winner when I hear from TJ. I sent her an email earlier. Good Luck to all of you!
    Joyce

• jumpin4joy
    15 years ago

3/15
    3/20
    3/12
    I hope this is it...

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Jumpin4joy, thanks for your enthusiasm! Monday was the last night to vote. We had four winners with one Birthdate correct and they all got to vote one more time. We are waiting to hear from Tj (Ladylotus). Thanks, I enjoyed having you play!
    Joyce

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Hey Joyce,

Has Amelia posted her final guess on the date??? Been looking do not see it.

If not we are waiting on Tj and Amelia

Right???
    Dorothy

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Right on Dorothy...we posted our 'one best guess' here for others to see...Ha Ha

Joyce, can you tell us what Amelia guessed?

The suspense...

~MJ

• amelia_pepper_lady
    15 years ago

Please post my last guess. I don't remember what it was.

I've been having problems posting replies to this thread. (Hoping I can post this!)

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Thanks Amelia!!

BTW...If you just change the information in the

'Subject of Posting'

box (located above the 'Message' box...just delete what is there and put anything in...), it will let you post after the inital post to a topic.

~MJ

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all, We need to send Smoke Signals to Tj. I have not heard from her yet and the smoke might warm us up. It is 25 here right now. Brrrrr!!! Amelia sent her last guesses directly to me. She sent 3 guesses, but the final four drawing was for one guess. I will use her first of the three guesses and it is........3/6. How much longer do you think we should wait to hear from Tj? I don't know of any other way of contacting her other than the email on her GW Page. I hope we hear from her soon!
    ****Mj, I love those dogs you posted on here!!! I can't hear them barking though??? Do they sing a Christmas carol?

****Dorothy, Did you know that Siamese cats are the most dog like of the cats and Afghan Hounds are the most cat like of the dogs? Our Siamese "Dickens" would retrieve and guard etc. I grew up with cats and dogs. When DH & I settled down and bought a house I got my Afghan Hound about one second later!
    Joyce

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Joyce I did have a Siamese Cat many years ago. I loved her. She was the best watch dog lol. And boy she could TALK!

Nice info on cats and dogs there :-)

TJ only played over at my game on the 8th. Maybe she is just real busy?

Jocye I hope you come over when you have this done and play with us :-)

Lucy

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Joyce...
    no I didn't know the facts about the cats and dogs. But A friend for mine years ago had siamese cats. One of hers would play catch and would return a little stuffed rabbit when you throw it.
    I thought she was just a odd cat. LOL
    Dorothy

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

TJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    we need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorothy

• ladylotus
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry to hold up the game. I've been offline for a couple days. I just sent Joyce my answer and will need to catch up on all the old posts I've missed.

Again, please accept my apologies for my tardiness. Work, errands and Christmas shopping has gotten my hiney movin and away from my computer chair.

~Tj~

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Tj:

We were searching....

Ha Ha

~MJ

• ladylotus
    15 years ago

ha ha ha MJ. I was wondering if someone won these games. I'm glad I'm still in the running for them. he he he. I missed all of you...kinda went through withdrawals. :)

~Tj~

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

TJ
    Glad to see you back with us.
    Was wondering where you ran off to. LOL
    Dorothy

Now where is Joyce. LOL

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hooray....we found Tj! I need to hear from her one more time and then I can confirm a winner. Thanks for your patience!
    Joyce

• ladylotus
    15 years ago

Good gravy...I can't even follow directions. ha ha. I emailed you again Joyce. ha ha...

~Tj~

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dorothy...I was out shopping tonight, but not for Christmas gifts!!! I needed potting soil for my brugs....the roots are wanting soil! It is hard to find soil this time of year.

*************************WE HAVE A WINNER OF ALEINA & BRINDEI'S BIRTHDAYS!!! AMELIA!!! Congratulations!!!! The birthdays are March 9, 10. Aleina was born in 1992 and Brindei in 2004. My two heart dogs only born one day apart.

Thank you all for playing! You did a great job learning about Afghan Hounds. Maybe next year when my brug cuttings flower and grow we can do a game with them. I hope I will know much more about them by then. I have enjoyed inviting you all in for a peek into my family, who are near and dear to my heart! Holiday blessings to all of you!
    Amelia please send me your address.
    Joyce

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Hey Joyce
    I had to get some potting soil not long ago. Wally World didn't even have any. When I asked they looked at me like I was crazy. NO gardeners work in the garden center! LOL

Congratulation Amelia!!!

Joyce has been a great game. Had lots of fun. Thanks for doing it.
    Dorothy

• amelia_pepper_lady
    15 years ago

Woohoo!!!!!

I enjoyed the game -- even the wait for TJ to reappear.

THANKS to Joyce for hosting and everyone else for participating.

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Amelia congrats!! Joyce you are such a great GW buddy and you will be doing excellent with your brugs next year if you know half of how to love and take care of them. Like you know about your Afghan babies :-)

Lucy

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

To Dorothy and Amelia...job well done!!!

Joyce!!! For sponsoring this fun game!!!! It was ALOT of fun!!!

~MJ

• ladylotus
    15 years ago

Congratulations Amelia and thank you so much Joyce for the wonderful game. I panicked a little when I came on line and saw people were waiting for me.

~Tj~

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Congratulations to the Three Winners!!!!
    ****Deb answered the three questions correctly!!!
    ****Dorothy answered the 10 questions & my first Afghan Hound correctly!!!
    ****Amelia answered one of the birthdays correctly & came closest to guesssing the second birthday correctly!!!!!

Since there are three winners I will be sending you each one of my Afghan Hounds!!! LOL!!!!
    I will try to get your gifts in the mail no later than Monday! I really had a great time with this game and hope you did too!
    Joyce

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

I miss this post last night. But it sure gave me a laugh this morning! Your dogs are BEAUTIFUL but please YOU CAN KEEP THEM!
    No dogs please!!!My g.son would love you forever, has been begging for one.
    Dorothy

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The gift packages were mailed today! Sorry, they didn't have any boxes big enough to fit the Afghan Hounds, so they will stay here with me! Enjoyed playing the game with all of you!
    Joyce