Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Has anyone tried any new teas lately?

lavender_lass
13 years ago

It's Thursday already! This has been a crazy week and I'm probably going to have tea with my mom today. She loves tea, too :)

Has anyone tried any new teas lately? While I love Earl Grey and sometimes Jasmine, I feel like something a little fruity lately. We used to get a really nice blackberry tea, but the shop moved and it's a lot further away now. Any wonderful teas that you've tried lately?

There are some nice places to buy teas on-line (so I've heard) but I haven't tried any. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments (11)

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I forgot all about Thursday Tea. :( It would have been a great break from my mulching. It's 6:30pm and if I drink tea (or coffee) now I'll be awake all night.

Haven't bought any different teas lately, usually stick to Lady Grey; but in the past I used to buy alot of Ceylon, English Breakfast and Earl Grey. I don't care a whole lot for fruity teas so can't recommend any. Twinings is the brand I buy the most. Come to think of it, they may have a berry tea. I'll have to Google.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Oh, I just googled Twinings and see Prince of Wales, I also always have a tin of that on hand too.

• rosewitch
    13 years ago

I order from Upton Tea Imports and just received a new order. They have many teas to choose from and you can also get samples for about $1 to maybe $3. Enough to make about 2 cups. They offer many fruit teas as well as some organic teas. Their customer service is awesome too. One of the teas in my order is called Orange Spice and it is very good. I also love Twinnings, my fave is Darjeeling but I have seen some fruit teas by them at my local Super G.

Kat

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

I've also purchased teas from "Republic of Tea", tried their Earl Grey once and a green tea. The empty containers are so handy, not a tin box, but cylindrical. I keep my cinnamon and sugar mix in one.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

My favorite tea is Madagascar Vanilla by Celestial Seasonings. Not new, but I could drink it day and night!

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I didn't get a chance to have tea in the fairy gartden last week, with all that was going on at my mom's, but here's a picture of the fairy garden. I'll try to take more pictures this week...and actually set the table for tea :)

{{gwi:329994}}

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Oh! This is taken from a different angle than the one we see in "Discussions". This must be wonderful to look upon as you sip tea. It reminds me of a garden I created many years ago that I called my "Monet" garden. You make me wish I still had it or even....do it over again? Well, maybe I'll settle for watching yours grow and evolve.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Schoolhouse- Thank you! I think a Monet garden would be wonderful. What did you plant in your garden?

This would probably have made more sense, if I had posted it on the thread, where I talked about having tea in the fairy garden! (LOL) Oh well, you get the idea :)

As for new teas, everyone has such great suggestions! I need to try some new teas...it would be a fun thing to do with my mom. Maybe we'll do some tea shopping next weekend :)

• echoes_or
    13 years ago

My son loves teas. He is always trying new ones. His favorite place to order is from The Tea Butler...
    They have some that come in sachets and are quite lovely in themselves.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Tomorrow I have to go to the library in town, on the way back I'm going to stop and browse the tins of tea at the shop. It is actually a wine and liquor store, but he has an aisle with an assortment of international and ethnic foods plus one wall of teas and preserves . I always have to check expiration dates on the tea, though.

I'll get new tins of "Prince of Wales", "Lady Grey" and try something different besides. The smaller packs of 8 tea bags each are a good way to experiment. Except there really isn't the wide selection he used to carry, he mentioned one time that it has become very expensive to buy because he has to buy so many tins at a time; and the tea doesn't move off the shelves as fast as it should.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Well, the "Lady Grey" tins had no expiration dates that I could read properly but I bought one. The "Prince of Wales" I bought is best used by 2012. I made a comment to the owner about expiration dates again, but he said "They just don't put them on do they?" Then he tried to convince me that the dates were only "shelf dates" and should not be sold after that. Well, I told him as he rang up a box of "Yorkshire Gold" tea bags that I gave a gift of this YG (purchased at his shop) to a friend one time and found out later it was nearly 2yrs. old! He said he doesn't understand the difference in taste really - oh brother. I answered it "Tastes like straw when old!" ha. he just smiled.

Anyway, my box of YG is good until November of 2010 - 40bags to a box - how will I ever drink all of those before November? If anyone wants to sample Yorkshire Gold send me your address and I'll slip several or more bags into an envelope! And I also bought a small box of 20 Lapsang Souchong tea bags to try again. It has such an exotic smokey flavor that I didn't want to buy an entire tin.

The shop owner also told me that Twinings is no longer going to offer the small packs of 6 bags. Have to buy boxes of 20bgs. in the future.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH