Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlady6

A new adventure for 2008 (I hope)

FlowerLady6
16 years ago

Good morning everyone. After visiting Esty and hearing good reviews, I am thinking of having a little space there myself. This is my new year adventure and I'll see how it goes. Hopefully, this isn't a no-no to post here. I am excited and have lots of ideas whirling around in my head. We'll see how it goes.

I hope everyone has a fantastic 2008, with good health, love and happiness, prosperity in all areas, and wonderful gardens.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Comments (16)

• PattiOH
    16 years ago

Happy New Year and best of luck to you, dear FlowerLady! When life slows down a bit around here I'll look forward to learning more about Esty.

Patti

• todancewithwolves
    16 years ago

What is Esty?

Happy New Year to you too, Flower.

Edna

• girlgroupgirl
    16 years ago

Way to go Flower Lady!! My friend is starting an Etsy shop in a few weeks...as soon as I get some more done around the house as we are using my home as props for her photos. She makes the coolest jewelry! Some women around here have Etsy shops they do quite well with them.

Good luck with it!

girlgroupgirl

• DYH
    16 years ago

Wishing you all the best with your new endeavor. I'm happy for you!

Cameron

• DYH
    16 years ago

Edna asked what is Etsy...it is an online venue for artisans and craftsfolks to sell their handmade items. There are baskets, jewelry, food items, herbs, pottery, blown glass, quilts, etc. The sellers set up store fronts on Etsy. It's not an auction place. It's like shopping in a worldwide gallery of handmade items.

Cameron

• Steveningen
    16 years ago

Fingers crossed for you!

• todancewithwolves
    16 years ago

Thanks, Cameron. I'd never heard of Esty before.

Flower, you'll do fabulous!!!! With your talent people will be begging for your crafts.

Edna

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    16 years ago

Flower, what a wonderful venture, let us know when you're up and running. Best of luck, but with your talent you probably will not need any :o).

Annette

• fammsimm
    16 years ago

Flowerlady,

A new year, and a new venture! Wishing you all the best as you launch your site.

Happy New Year!

Marilyn

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all for your encouraging support. As with anything new, I'm a bit nervous to say the least. I started my first creation on this new years day morning. Just have an edging to do to complete it.

Geesh, it would help if I spelled the place right. Thanks GGG and Cameron for spelling it correctly. Etsy.

Patti ~ It is a really neat place.

Edna ~ There are so many talented people on this website that I hope to not be lost in the crowd. I'll just have to see how it goes.

GGG ~ Thanks for the headsup about women you know having shops there and doing well. That is encouraging.

Cameron ~ Thank you for the description of what Etsy is.

Steven ~ Thanks.

Annette ~ I'll post when my little space is up.

Marilyn ~ Yes a new year and a new venture. Hopefully it will be worthwhile.

Thanks again everyone. Your best wishes and encouragement mean a lot.

FlowerLady

• party_music50
    16 years ago

Good luck with that! I have heard of Etsy, so I'd be curious to hear about your experiences.

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good morning PartyMusic ~ Thank you. I will give and update once I'm up and running.

FlowerLady

• lorna-organic
    16 years ago

Hello, Flower!

I am so glad you posted about Etsy. I hadn't heard of it before, so I had a look-see. It is a terrific place to find gifts. The prices seem to be VERY REASONABLE.
    I hope you find it fun and worth your while to participate in Etsy!
    Lorna

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Lorna ~ We'll see, mainly what I'll have up will be crocheted pieces done in fine threads, floral themes for some. Some can be framed, or appliquéd to pillow tops, etc. Some used as Christmas ornaments as well.

FlowerLady

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    16 years ago

How I envy you Rainey, I taught myself to crochet but never been able to master the fine thread and small hooks. My mother, was a very talented woman, she did a lot of tatting and fine crochet amongst other things. One of the things she did was a large tablecloth in a ship's wheel pattern. This tablecloth covered a table that seated 12. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Annette

• FlowerLady6
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Annette ~ How neat that you taught yourself to crochet. My mother remarried when I was 15 and my step-Granny taught me to crochet and I've been 'hooked' ever since. I love it. I have tried to teach myself how to tat and just can't get the hang of it. It's becoming a lost art. That tablecloth that your mother made sounds beautiful and really was a lot of work being that huge. Crocheting takes time and patience. I use size 30 thread and a size 13 hook, and wear my glasses. : -)

FlowerLady

Sponsored