Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
johnplace

Grafted Juniperus Procumbens Nana and Home Depot

johnplace
13 years ago

I'm not a fan of topiary or other unnatural plant styles, but I saw something at HD that caught my eye today. They had a few "Juniperus Procumbens Nana" grafted onto a standard so it looks like a little tree. In this form, I don't care for it. But after doing a bit of research on the web, I'm thinking that the Juniper will eventually weep all the way to the ground, hiding the unnatural looking trunk it's grafted to.

Do any of you have any experience with this type of thing? I think it could look cool in the right spot. It's about 70 bucks.

Comments (6)

• baxswoh
    13 years ago

It's a good plant. Will look like a green waterfall in time. Once it hits the ground it will spread out. Mine has about a 12 ft. diameter.

• dcsteg
    13 years ago

Here is Juniperus procumbens 'Greenmound' on high graft.

Similiar to 'Nana'.

Dave

{{gwi:688748}}

• johnplace
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ooooh, I like. This one I *am* going to buy.

• coniferjoy
    13 years ago

Dave, do you see some differences between the 'Nana' and the 'Greenmound' or are these the same but into the trade under differend cultivar names?

• pipersgilley
    12 years ago

I have many (600 +) procumbens nana's, staked upright (38", 60", & 72"). I LOVE growing nana's!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tenchi procumbens growing area

• dcsteg
    12 years ago

Edwin,

I guess I missed your question on this thread.

I see no difference between the two.

John,

Funny thing...I picked mine up At HD about 4 years ago. I had to have it because it was just different. I have never seen 'Green Mound'/aka 'Nana" offered on a standard since then.

Dave

Juniperus horzontalis 'Monber' on high standard. Got that at HD the following year.

{{gwi:688750}}